Need the help of a Mac guru!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I've got a 6GB IDE hard drive just lying around. Well my wife's computer is a Mac 7500 and I was wondering if there is any way to add IDE support to that old a Mac. I've seen IDE cards for Mac but wasn't sure they would work in the older machine.

<center>
ZundSig4.gif
</center>

BA Baracus

I pity the fool!
Oct 17, 2000
texas
www.giantsofscience.org
think you're out of luck...

first off, i am aware of no reason why and IDE controller card wouldn't work in the machine. it is a PCI bus after all. the problem may lie in getting it to fit. the 7200/7500's had baffle's that were too short for some of the taller PCI cards, specifically those with connectors on the top of them(as an IDE controller may have). you might be able to remove the baffle all together to fit it in, but then, well there's cost really.

i've found it somewhat difficult to find current information about these types of cards, what i could find was circa 1999, taking for example one of the lower-end types of cards from then, the ATA/33 Turbomax, retail around $100, i have no idea if this card is even still available but simply using that price point as a comparison, hopping over the pricewatch, that $100 will get you a 9.1 gig SCSI drive

mrtt4.jpg