I need some UT tips!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Domino

< Phoenix Rising >
Oct 25, 1999
Houston
I can't believe it, just yesterday I was doing awesome on Unreal Tournament and INF but just today playing a CTF match I totally sucked! I think someone jinxed me or somethin, but I died like 42 times!! whats the trick to fighting in UT?

"Saddle up - Lock 'n Load"
animation6.gif

ThunderChunky

L337 Cube H@X0®
Jul 1, 2000
I would suggest binding the jump key to a key very near your hand where it can be pressed with minimal effort. Time yourself so as soon as you hit the ground, you hit the jump key again. After you have mastered that, the secret is to complain loudly. Complain so loud (favorite topics are cheating, ping, or some other outlandish excuse) so that people can't stand to play with you. Of course, this needs to be done on a server with no administrator. The best way to do it is to flood the game with the call "Die <html>bitch</html>!!!" Bind this to a key as well. The goal is to eventually clear the server of all human players, so only the weak bots are left. Once you have racked up a significant total, let some people back onto the server and display your l337 skills. If they start to beat you repeat the process.

Hope this has been of help... :D

Seriously, I haven't played UT since I got Inf, so I probably suck major butt at it.

<html><center>
thunderchunky2.gif

</html></center>

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
try this binding jump | strafe | adminlogin | fire | altfire | god | jump | turn | loaded | run | taunt 1 | hipthrust | allammo | onrealease jump.

Can you spot the sniper?
spotthesniper.jpg

Too Late!

-=SDS=-A-TeamDan

Oct 25, 2000
www.geocities.com
Cmon Thunder.......

Not to flame anyone here, but i am an avid UT player, and jumping is not the key at all. I think jumping helps a bunch, but only in particular occasions.
Some Tricks of the Trade
1. Get to know your guns, the better you are with them, the more kills you get.
2. Some tactics are nice too, i like a little bit of a all out assault, find your best tactic and use it.
3. Find what kind of player you are...Do you snipe (by god thats me, (i got 62 snipes in a game the other day...don't believe me...ask jonnyboy) If you are an assaulter, then get good at that.
4. Learn your limits...if you know you can't do something, don't...you will end up looking like and ass.
5. Taunt, mostly pelvic thrust, but do anything to prevent yourselve from having any allies...its more fun this way...

feel free to give me some advice too..i always am looking for new ways to improve my game.

A-TD.gif

Galaddin

Forum Drifter
Mar 15, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
Well one thing I had to learn to do during my transition from UT to Inf was to stop shooting feet (rocket laucher) and start shooting the head...

It's a wise person who knows the difference between free speech and cheap talk.