Serious bot probs in new CTF map

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Claymore

The Flying Dutchman
Dec 24, 1999
Utreg, Holland
www.xs4all.nl
Hey.

You know, it's normally like this. When you put one bot into a CTF map, it will run over to the nme flag, grab it, and leave to make the cap. you can look at this for hours, and the bot won't mind pickups much, just that flag.
In my map that's different. The bot won't mind a lot of pickups at first, and it will run over to the other base. Then it will grab the flag, but now the bad part starts. It grabs ALL of the items in the flagroom, and then goes on to the next room to grab ALL the items there. After this, it will go BACK to the nme flagroom to grab the items that respawned. This happens a few times, and if you're lucky it will go back to make the cap.
I think the problem is that there's no path of regular pathnodes to the other side. The center of the map is a low grav zone, and there are some liftexit actors and jumppoints and translocatordests to get to the other side. I made one other CTF map, and in that map the flag capturing is the bot's top most priority, so I just don't get it.
It seems that the bots do not recognize the special path stuff to navigate through the low grav zone as a regular escape route.

Please help me out on this.

------------------
It never hurts to help ...

Silencermvm2

Mar 21, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
That's a very difficult question to answer, especially without seeing the map itself. I'll take a look at it in UnrealED if you'd like.

bullet2.gif

-------------------------
Silencer
UT CITY Webmaster
http://www.planetunreal.com/utcity/index2.html