Nice gun model

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
just looking around at other stuff people are doing.

m4a1v2_ssb1.jpg

Pretty dang nice considering that it's only a 3rd person view.

boom

Wikkan

Dickhead Fulfilled!
Feb 15, 2001
Ah yeah, I know that model. I thought NMM was a great mod. :)

I poured spot remover on my dog once.... He's gone now.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
i'm downloading it now. Looks to be kinda cool. NATO 3.5 should be out soon as well. And people are making actuall maps for the game engine now too. Damn. I kinda droped off the Rb6/RS scene when the community was just starting to make weapon models. I guess it's going to be a good couple of months for Real weapon/tactic fans, what with INF 2.85, Operation Flashpoint, NATO 3.5 ect.

Bout time since i haven't actualy played anything new in these area's since 2.80 came out.. and before that..... sheesh.

boom

Fuct

Who is Adam King?
Jul 8, 2000
The Diamond Sea
Well,the RS community has some really good model/texture artists

The reason i stopped playing it cuz there was too many cheaters :(

- Fuct

page
page

Wikkan

Dickhead Fulfilled!
Feb 15, 2001
Fuct... honestly man, I have yet to see anyone cheating. I have played RS regularily online since its release, and I have yet to see cheaters. Are you sure people just aren't incredibly good at the game? I have played against people and clans that are notorious for cheating, and still haven't seen it. I always laugh when in the middle of a ladder game, someone accuses someone of cheating, and we all do a "door test" where we fire 15 supposedly 9mm rounds into a door, and if it opens with less than 15 (we know its 9mm cause we recognise the PDW model) that person gets kicked out of the game or the match is off. People that passed the test just sort of wait around... I wait until all but the last guy is done, then shoot everyone unsuspectedly. I never gave up on RS, and its the best 40 bucks I ever spent for the amount of time I played on it. (also, a member of my clan actually *assaults* with a sniper rifle... its scary when you get chased around a level with some nut putting rounds into you with a psg-1 or walthersomethingorother, Its late, don't bug me. And he doesn't cheat, we put him through every possible cheat test devised, and the new anti cheat patch.)

Sebu_NZ

Kalashnikov's Personal Pimp!
Dec 25, 2000
New Zealand
www.muttonbone.com
Man, i play RS almost every night for about a whole year, i was sooooo adicated i couldn't stop, i got really good, but then for some wild reason i got turned off by our local community, i guess i just grew outta them

anyhoo, point is, RS is a feekin cool game, i have never EVER played a game online that much

Anyway, i rememeber pie tactics having some sortta thingy trying to get the plug-ins from Red Storm Entertainment so they could mod better, either way, mods (in RS) were not all that interesting anyhow.

Wikkan

Dickhead Fulfilled!
Feb 15, 2001
Sorry to be raggin on ya so much, fuct, are you *really* having *that* big of a problem with vertigo? Yes I know what it is, and have tried it, and I just don't like it. Got broadband? Make your own server! My point is, don't give up so early! I play on Zone and Mplayer alot. I used gamespy when I had a 56k. (gamespy was faster for me) And like I said, I have never really seen a server with cheaters like that. If a host sees a cheater or if several people complain, they boot the dumb bastard ruining everyones day! Cheating makes no sense, why ruin your experience with such a game with cheating? If the host cheats, find a different server. On gamespy I get up to a hundred servers with a ping less than 200. None of them had cheaters. I myself don't believe in luck as dumb as this.

Major_Error

Camper in Progress
Jul 17, 2000
The Netherlands
colt m4a1

well this is what we made so, far, but The UT engine is really stopping us from getting higher polys on the weapon

Colt M4a1:
m4_3.jpg

m4_1.jpg

<a href="http://planetunreal.com/sas">
<image src="http://www.planetunreal.com/mappingguide/sasmajor.jpg" width="400" height="261" alt="SAS">
</a>

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
with UT, you can do MUCH better with that.

You're missing heat vents in the forward handguard and the case deflector BTW.

and mirrored textures are B.A.D.

shakinfil.jpg

Iceman

Who Dares Wins
Oct 6, 1999
Australia
Visit site
Yeah it is a nice model.
And ShakKen i think the abcence of a case deflector is good i hate the look of thouse things.

Iceman.

p.s-I think mine is better :cool:

<p ALIGN=CENTER>
page
</p>
<p ALIGN=CENTER><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"color="#A5AA56" size="2">One Shot, One Kill ,No Mercy</font> </p></font>

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
In fact, that looks like the receiver of an XM177E2 with a mirrored M4A1 receiver texture slapped on it.

Iceman: You can get a a lot of legal **** from using other people's models without permission.

And I know for a fact you have no affliation with the digital gun club.

shakinfil.jpg

Meshuggah

Apr 24, 2000
Chandler, Az, USA
Visit site
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You're missing heat vents in the forward handguard and the case deflector BTW.

and mirrored textures are B.A.D.

[/quote]

ah, Shakken. Always there to lend a kind helping hand.

page

DeadeyeDan[ToA]

de oppresso liber
Mar 2, 2000
Tucson, AZ, US
www.clantoa.com
Not to mention the missing bolt catch, step-cut barrel, and flash hider... also the selector switch seems to be stuck between safe and semi. ;)

Seriously though, probably far better than I could ever do, and certainly above average quality. Twas just messing witcha. :D

miscreant

Jan 29, 2001
easily impressed

Can't say im all that impressed... dreaming of per pixel shading and real time bump mapping, full screen anti aliasing, T&L and t-buffer all at the same time with 100fps or so on a large outdoor map.

sigh.

miscreant

Jan 29, 2001
ammendment

Just read my post and it sounded a bit like I was saying your models were crap.. that wasn't what I meant.

I just wish games developers would take more advantage of features offered on modern day gfx cards. Try some of the per pixel shading demos from nvidia.com and you'll realise what I mean.

PS. Iceman, didn't see your pistol, thats VERY nice. Love the rubber looking handgrip! MORE POLYS GUYS!!!

Iceman

Who Dares Wins
Oct 6, 1999
Australia
Visit site
ShakKen:How do you know i didn't make that model? And i think you can only get in Shit if you are using it for profit. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Iceman.

<p ALIGN=CENTER>
page
</p>
<p ALIGN=CENTER><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"color="#A5AA56" size="2">One Shot, One Kill ,No Mercy</font> </p></font>

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Because you have no reason to bump map 'digital gun club' over the frame and grip panels. And you CAN get into **** if you claim credit for something that you did not do. *Ahem* correct me if I'm wrong.

shakinfil.jpg