New map for you DM'ing pleasure

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MrTicky

Nov 13, 1999
Perth, WA, Australia
Visit site
Your map is COOL, and it's small enough for DM (no lag). But if you want to become an excellent mapper, call RaekwoN, he's the best mapper I know! /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

Good luck mate! /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

------------------
_-={MrTicky}=-_

Loyal to INFILTRATION!
As long as I live!

G

This is a nice map, you have a lot of cover and little slowdown, nice design and architectures, overall good texturing, and no one type of player will dominate, very cool indeed. I do have three suggestions though.

Please dont alter the texture packs straight out of UT. I noticed that many of them were smaller than the original and can only assume that you deleted the textures you didnt need. If people overwrite their textures they may not be able to play old levels and will be very unhappy. Keep track of the textures you use that are NOT in the game and compile all of them in a single dockside.utx file, not MyLevel.utx, I have seen 4 textures packs named that already, just name it the name of your level. You do not need to include the standard UT texture packs, anyone that has the game should have them.

There are some BSP holes around the map, if you could fix them that would be great. I also got stuck behind one of the door when teleported in.

You overkill on the UT yellow and blue box testure, check out, DMCargoUT, DM-MWH, DM-Wharehouse_a, for good real life box textures, PLEASE replace the boxes, its the only thing that really makes your level not-realistic. There are a ton out there you can use.

We have a ton of texture packs at Real Maps as well as some of the maps I listed above click on my sig to get there, and I hope to see another version soon. Feel free to email me, when its ready, we'd like to review the map when its alpha. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Thanks
CC

------------------
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

G

This is a nice map, you have a lot of cover and little slowdown, nice design and architectures, overall good texturing, and no one type of player will dominate, very cool indeed. I do have three suggestions though.

Please dont alter the texture packs straight out of UT. I noticed that many of them were smaller than the original and can only assume that you deleted the textures you didnt need. If people overwrite their textures they may not be able to play old levels and will be very unhappy. Keep track of the textures you use that are NOT in the game and compile all of them in a single dockside.utx file, not MyLevel.utx, I have seen 4 textures packs named that already, just name it the name of your level. You do not need to include the standard UT texture packs, anyone that has the game should have them.

There are some BSP holes around the map, if you could fix them that would be great. I also got stuck behind one of the door when teleported in.

You overkill on the UT yellow and blue box testure, check out, DMCargoUT, DM-MWH, DM-Wharehouse_a, for good real life box textures, PLEASE replace the boxes, its the only thing that really makes your level not-realistic. There are a ton out there you can use.

We have a ton of texture packs at Real Maps as well as some of the maps I listed above click on my sig to get there, and I hope to see another version soon. Feel free to email me, when its ready, we'd like to review the map when its alpha. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Thanks
CC

------------------

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
Hmm...upon close examination of your post Mr Coffey_can, me think you don't care for the standard crate texture : ) No one likes that texture but me I think...does that make me a FREAK...probably...

I'm changin that now...as for BSP holes...from my experience, trying to get rid of those bastards is a chore...I'm talking milking 50 cows in the rain stylz here...but I'll see what I can do.

And if you want to review it then great...theres no rigidity in this kitchen.

G

No, no I like the texture- when Im playing on a spaceship /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Seriously though, its just doesnt convey reality as well as some of the other box textures do. The other good thing about your level is the fact that you have breaking glass (why use any other glass) and you can get boxed in at a 'dead' end, just like real life, very cool. Let us know when youve got the next version ready.
Thanks
CC

------------------

[This message has been edited by coffeycan (edited 03-16-2000).]

G

No, no I like the texture- when Im playing on a spaceship /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Seriously though, its just doesnt convey reality as well as some of the other box textures do. The other good thing about your level is the fact that you have breaking glass (why use any other glass) and you can get boxed in at a 'dead' end, just like real life, very cool. Let us know when youve got the next version ready.
Thanks
CC

------------------

[This message has been edited by coffeycan (edited 03-16-2000).]

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
Ahhh...you fell for my clever ruse as well...you see, when your playing that map you actually ARE on a spaceship...ever seen datk city?

I'm searching for a chattering wav to put in as an ambient sound point as we speak!

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
New version is up at:

!!! "Maps from tha Funkside" !!!

Prepare to be dazzled by the awsesome HTML action there...MS Word 2000 man...stunning software (wretch).

Around 20 minutes....it's uploading now. I couldn't find any crate textures that took my fancy....so I just made some...I don't think that their say up to dragons artistic level...but there wooden boxes for christ sake so...I don't care...do you...do I care that you care...yes....yes I do.

Oh, I put the full texture packs in, but now the download is twice the size...I hope your all happy!

Bye

Oh...heres the link huh:
http://members.xoom.com/funkstylz

[This message has been edited by funkstylz (edited 03-17-2000).]

G

Did you upload the right zip? The one that I downloaded has the same (smaller) altered texture files, the mylevel.utx file is the same size and the boxes are still the same yellow and blue UT ones...
CC

------------------

G

Did you upload the right zip? The one that I downloaded has the same (smaller) altered texture files, the mylevel.utx file is the same size and the boxes are still the same yellow and blue UT ones...
CC

------------------

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
Ohhhh...dear.

It's seems the drugs kicked in a little more quickly than expected....you see instead of calling the file DMDockside...I stupidly called it DM-Dockside.

I've changed it now...but I think a vote is in order...so...what's more suitable:

a) DMDockside
b) DM-Dockside
c) CTF-Oompapa

This is democracy at it's best people..."don't throw your say away!"

P.S.- I've fixed it now...should work...I dunno I'm pretty drunk...'hic'.

G

Great map man! I like the changes, though I would suggest that you combine all the textures that you used form the various packs into your dockside texture pack to ease the huge download size. The only other thing is thinning out the boxes in the pink tinged large wharehouse, its the only place that you get any noticable slowdown, other than that its great!
CC

------------------

G

Great map man! I like the changes, though I would suggest that you combine all the textures that you used form the various packs into your dockside texture pack to ease the huge download size. The only other thing is thinning out the boxes in the pink tinged large wharehouse, its the only place that you get any noticable slowdown, other than that its great!
CC

------------------

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
Ok...heres what I'll do. I wanna move on to my next level before the ideas I've got go stale...or I forget them.

I've thinned the boxes out in the warehouse..this has improved the FR in there. As for getting all of the textures into one file...I don't have enough time unfortunately. So instead I'll reuploaded the updated UNR into the current full download...and create another one that simply has the dockside.utx; then include a list of textures needed in a text file. I've found that most people have them all anyway.

After that I'm going to start my next project...cool?

I'm doing this all now so I'd imagine it'd be all ready to go in about 20 minutes.

After that it's all yours Coffey_Can.

Dragon

Nov 12, 1999
VA. USA
dragondesigns.8m.com
Hey man I really like this map. The boxes look good to. I really like the way you can flip the tables up for a little cover. I also like that you didn't make all of the wall 4 feet thick like most maps. Good job man

------------------
Infiltration Texture Artist

People do not fear Dragons for thier Power, it's thier Wisdom