Rope

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Omega SW

Mar 24, 2000
Illonois
Visit site
I was thinking, if you can make a grenade or object deployable, make a rope! The idea I had was you make a rope about 12 feet long but the class you would make it in would be the weapons, when you select the rope and click fire it deploys a rope infront of you striaght up and down. How you would get it so you climed the rope is this; just around the rope make it WATER but CLEAR, like in DM-Pyramid. I have seen this done in a Unreal map before and I know it can be done, I was just hoping maybe in 3.0 you might consider it cuase YES it is very real and for a person who knows a decent amount of Unreal ED it would be a sinch!!!!!!!

So when you click fire, it deploys the rope, the WATER you cannot see makes it look like your climbing the rope. Making the animations for it would be too hard so I wouldn't even think of making them.

I have a friend who might be able to help me make a demo of it and i will send it to you Warren if you like it, Add it to 3.0 IF i can get it made.

------------------
I am Omega(SW)FaL, I am the end...

hunchback

Mar 25, 2000
Oakdale, CA, USA
www2.ucsc.edu
I think Warren said earlier (in regards to grappling hooks) that this wouldn't happen, because it wouldn't be possible to make the rope at all realistic.

As for myself, I'm still hoping to see ladders sometime soon... /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Toysrme

I love college... UA ROCKS
Nov 27, 1999
Tuscaloosa, AL
bama.ua.edu
ya it would LoL!

i agree with warren on the never having it look real good, but the u4e grappling hook will always have a place in my heart for just being plain cool LoL!

it was the snipers ok friend
(next to his gun and his spotter)
heh that little toy probably got us to more nifty little spots the map authors never intended us to get to to snipe ppl LoL!