Updating to 413

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

bonorye

Apr 24, 2000
CA, USA
Visit site
I'm wanting to update UT on my comp(I have version 405), but I'm afraid to update to 413 because of all the crashes and problems people are having with Infiltration and UT after they update. I love Inf. and I don't wanna screw anything up, but I've gotta update here soon. How should I go about doing this?

Unicorn

Mar 1, 2000
Visit site
I've had no new problems with Infiltration since upgrading to 413, though I did follow someone's advice and disable explosive ammo.
I have seen some weird texture problems in the last few days, but I suspect that's more down to crappy 3D drivers than UT or Inf.

Certainly UT hasn't crashed any more often than it used to.

Gryphon

Apr 2, 2000
I've had nothing but good luck with 413 so far. In fact it seems my UT is MORE stable than it was before. How that is, I don't know. What I do know is that it's a crapshoot as to whether the patch will run with your particular system configuration. UT seems to like 3Dfx chipsets more than GeForce, that may be partly the cause. About the only thing to do is upgrade to the new patch, and if it doesn't work, reinstall UT.

------------------
Gryphon
Technical Advisor
i n f i l t r a t i o n
http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration

Read the Roadmap and the FAQ.
Get the latest scoop on Inf munitions here.