questions about UT's skeletel animation system

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Brimstone

Jun 25, 2000
Hi, I recently read a post from one of Infiltrations developers about the new models will be making extensive use of UT's skeletal animation system. I was curious as to what you guys are using to import those models into UT. Is there a utility that does besides having to import frames of the mesh like the program 3dsunr requires. Where can I find some info on how import models that use skeletal animation into UT.

THanks,

and I can't wait to get my hands on beta 2.8. It looks sweet! Keep up the great work guys!

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
skeletal animation in ut? really is that true?
i always thought they have just some different hitzones....

-reaper was here-

Warren

Infiltration Project Coordinator
Nov 24, 1999
Portland, OR
www.sentrystudios.com
I was probably the one to say it- the skeletal animation system in UT is working within UT, but the tools needed to get them into UT aren't yet available to the public. When that will be, I don't know, but hopefuly soon! =P

<hr align="left" width="50%" size="1" color="#00FF00"><font size="1">Warren
Project Coordinator
i n f i l t r a t i o n
http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration

Questions? Are you a FNG? Check out our Roadmap
Then check out our FAQ</font>

!!!

Not to be pickey or anything, but could this effect the release of 3.0-??

I'm over-excited, I've been looking at the animations for nearly two hours!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

Shoplifters will be beaten, stabbed, and stomped. Survivors will be prosecuted.

AtmaWeapon III

May 23, 2000
the floating continent
Visit site
Skeletal Animation using the UT engine

the only thing i remember hearing about skeletal animation in reference to the UT engine (i believe) was about a more advanced version of the current engine (that is being developed for future Epic projects) that would support it along with many other features.

from what i recall it wasn't much more than a blurb on PlanetUnreal, so i could be incorrect. /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

"Our swords choose no enemy; for once they shine, a pool of blood is left behind!"