I hope that the mappers for the Make Something Real contest know.....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

=JoLTeD=

Jun 13, 2000
www.alienarmada.com
that this mod is not a CT mod, its a war/military mod. There probably shouldnt be any city maps or some of the stuff you'd see in CS (excluding de_dust). Are the mappers aware of that? Cuz im tired of urban city maps.

CoffeyCan

Real Maps Coordinator
I personally couldnt care where the maps are placed as long as it promotes good gameplay. And as a side note, the forecast has generally been that future conflicts will likely take place in urban areas where a strong military force can be sucked into a slow house to house conflict. This also results in a forcasted 25% casualty rate, very demoralizing to what us Yanks are used to seeing as 'acceptable losses'- nearly nothing. Some examples of this are Somalia, Haiti, Serbia and Cechnia(sp), the majority of battles took place in cities or focused around urban fighting areas, many of these had tremendous casualty rates as well...

As for the contest, the map judjed the best wins regardless of where its placed.
CC

RealMaps Site Co-Founder/Coordinator
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/
"Fall seven times, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

djspider

Mar 14, 2000
Visit site
wot about irland

sas and the greens fought in urban areas and that wos some way back. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Violence is not an option it is compulsory

Supernova

Jun 9, 2000
www.geocities.com
hehe good one Neo.
Anyway I think there should be some more battlefield maps (e.g. DM-TrenchedUT). I have heard many times that this is hard to do with the UT engine but I agree with many of you who say city maps get boring although they are still fun.

- When people are at war they ask for GOD...well here I am -

- This post may contain some mistakes -

Bad.Mojo

Commander in Chief o' the BMA
Mar 17, 2000
Ottawa, Ontario
Urban epicenters of destruction rule... flat planes of trenches are boring, and haven't been used since like... world war 2. A bombed out russian city with a gentle covering of snow? Now that's fun.

---
Another funky radical bombtrack started as a sketch in my notebook
---

=JoLTeD=

Jun 13, 2000
www.alienarmada.com
war maps are fun

well, maps like DM-TrenchedUT and CTF-Fin are great. I love clearing out the bunkers with frag grenades in CTF-Fin, always fun. Also, you can't forget AS-Overlord, the DDay map, it's great!

Styx_Surfer

Pictor Habilis
Apr 17, 2000
Sweden
www.styxgraphics.com
FMJ

A nice theme for a urban map would be the near-end scene of Full Metal Jacket, where the Vietnamese sniper shoots Eightball... You could put a M2 Prefab on one side of the map, to replicate Animal Mother's M60...

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
Neod00d...

Coffey got my map down, and said there was a problem with one of the textures. He was gonna screenshot me so I could fix it...or if it's what I think it was he could fix with an untick himself in a second. I haven't been able to ICQ him though...not suprising or unnacceptable considering the recent turn of events...Have you seen the entry map I sent? Maybe you could ICQ me so we can talk about what to do. It's a 6 meg file for the map alone (A LOT more for the textures cause their all new) so it would suck if everyone had to go through getting it again.

The number is 4799911..thanks M8

Groove is in the heart.

Supernova

Jun 9, 2000
www.geocities.com
Wel since your talking about movie scenes here's one:
Saving Private Ryan, when the sniper is in the churchtower and the team goes trough the village...

- When people are at war they ask for GOD...well here I am -
- This post may contain some mistakes -

=JoLTeD=

Jun 13, 2000
www.alienarmada.com
OMG

I WANT THAT MAP TO BE MADE!!! The end of Saving Private Ryan, in the wartorn french village perfectly made the same. But, since the inf team wants modern maps, this can't be in the game.

However, if someone wanted to make that map for realmaps they could /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Im not a mapper though, wish i had the time to but I dont. But, i would love to be up in that tower, with a robar, or remember the part with the two guys in that room "camping", and they heard the guy through the wall, they said "Upum?" and no reply so the guy shot in an angle, and you heard *thud* *jingle, jingle* and then saw blood spilling. That was cool, and I'd love to do that in game, knowing that I can shoot through walls.