BOT AI: changed or still the same?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Omega

Dec 19, 1999
Just asking. The UT bots play well, but they don't play like soldiers. They just run amok and shoot whatever they find, rather than

crouch - ambush - run - hide - ambush etc. etc.

What's missing from the bot game is ambushes and crouching. Has 2.8 got any bot changes, or do we have to wait for v3?

thanks,
O101.

You're male by birth, but a man by choice.

Omega

Dec 19, 1999
oh yes..

.. and if it's not a secret, can the Inf team please let us know whether the bots are making use of the neat-o leaning feature?

To summarize, I think bots will be almost human-like if only they:

1) leaned
2) ambushed (lie in wait, or sneak attack)
3) crouch

How are the 2.8 bots like?

cheers,
O101.

Galaddin

Forum Drifter
Mar 15, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
bot ai will be tweaked and the inf team has promised us that it'll blow us away /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

It is impossible for the glass to be half full or half empty for you see: there is no glass

[This message was edited by Galaddin on Aug 30, 2000 at 10:23.]

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Let's just hope we don't get a situation where there are only bots left in a match, and they're all waiting in ambush! That would suck.
<h2><font face="symbol">
a 1001</font></h2>

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

John Donne

I_ABuGa

Vetran
Apr 27, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
ever tried...

TO? I hate when i die. The games is just ok mainly becoz of the lousy bot AI.

You guys should try Mind Reader. a mod that allows you to see what the bot is "thinking". Its funny coz in TO the usual action when nothing is happening/no targets/etc is named "Nothing Cool, So Camp". /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

That's cute /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-------------
Shit Happens... and with great regularity too. We just have to deal with it one turd at a time.

Omega

Dec 19, 1999
Interesting!! Please tell me where to get this mod!!

Thanks!

O101.

I_ABuGa

Vetran
Apr 27, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
Its called Mind Reader...

anybody interested, point your mouse to:
Modsquad Mind Reader Review
or Download it directly from Modsquad.

Its a neat tool, I use it for path noding my maps, not that I have that many maps nor the experience... yet. I still find the bots limited somehow though.
Anybody who likes the mute pls drop by Uncommonplace Games and thank the creator David Catmull.

your welcome /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

-------------
Shit Happens... and with great regularity too. We just have to deal with it one turd at a time.