Infiltration players are really getting annoying

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
ok, i havn't posted on this server for too long but ive been playing infiltration for quite some time now. and ive slowly been noticing the decline of common courtisies among fellow infiltration players. example: today about five minutes ago i was playing on sob servers eastcoast and i had to leave because i was getting sick of the majority of players on that servers. im not going to give out any names because i feel thats being as young and immature as those losers were but it was really insane! there was spamming, one person would use every swear know to man every time i killed him(which was often /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ). there was one kid who wouldn't shut up about campers, and another who kept shooting at their own team members and switching teams to throw things off. In a nutshell im pretty sick and tired off all this and i was wondering...if i were to build a server and give out a password to only people on this chat room and sobservers(in other words all the ones with dignity) would any of you be willing to use it?

JB.gif

dennyk

Aug 23, 2000
Hrm...

Odd...I play on SOB East all the time (it's the only occupied INF server where I can get a decent ping /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ), and I've found almost all of the players there to be very nice and polite, especially the SOB admins and members. There's been a few morons, of course, but far fewer than I find on any other FPS game's servers. Maybe you're just getting on at the wrong times? /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif I dunno, but most of the time I'm there, everyone is really nice...the only whining I ever hear is when the teams get messed up and it ends up being 6 on 2 or something like that...but usually when people notice, someone will switch teams or reconnect to balance things out, and even when it happens there is remarkably little whining...maybe an occasional "Please balance teams" remark. As for shooting your own teammates...erm, the SOB East Coast server I play on has FF disabled, at least as of last night. (It IS a little disconcerting to have a grenade explode in your face, and, thinking you're dead, you throw up your hands in despair...only to find out it was a friendly grenade...and then you end up getting your head blown off by an enemy sniper because you took your finger off the crouch key... /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )

The only thing I would wish for with the SOB server is a little more coordination...sometimes you can get some good teamwork going, but with all the people constantly leaving and joining, and with the autobalance mixing up the teams on each new map, it's hard to get really deep into the teamwork aspect. But it's still a great place to play online (and for me, the only place to play online, unless I want to be running around empty maps, or shooting bullets out of my arse two minutes after I actually died..."Ooo, lookit the pretty red phone icon!" /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif )

DennyK, AKA LordDeimos . . . .