!!!!!!!?!?!??!??!?!?!!!!!!!?!!?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jackal<QSF>

One of the last INF OG's!!!
Jul 13, 2000
www.angelfire.com
Are you supposed to see who you killed in INF2.8

i never see a mesage for who killes who in the game

just wounding if it should be that way or not

1 shot 1 kill.....where all
mad here said the cat

Jackal<QSF>

Jul 13, 2000
www.angelfire.com
yes

yes i thought it was very realistic not seeing a death sentince
i was just makeing shure that my program wasint missing any thing

thanks for ansering

I CANT WAIT FOR INF2.8 TO HIT Net play

mad here said the cat

Galaddin

Forum Drifter
Mar 15, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
Hmmm IMHO, you should only be able to see the points you get after the round ends. Throwing a grenade around a corner and then hitting f1 to see if you damage or kill anyone isn't very realistic /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

It is impossible for the glass to be half full or half empty for you see: there is no glass

[This message was edited by Galaddin on Oct 24, 2000 at 04:52.]

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Excellent point, Galaddin. You can also look at the enemy team survival % number to see if you scored a kill. I did just that in a botmatch in Cuban Dawn. At the start of a match I lobbed an M203 round into that cabin the bots like to camp in. Being too far away to hear any death cries, I hit "F1", saw the percent had gone down from 100, and confidently sprinted into the cabin myself, picking up a few extra goodies the deceased bot left behind...
<h2><font face="symbol">
a 1001</font></h2>

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

John Donne

I_ABuGa

Vetran
Apr 27, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
I definitely agree with galaddin here. I usually use ironsights to aim with the M16A2 and found myself acquiring an odd habit. Just after I let of a controlled burst - I move my mouse forward to compensate for the recoil, I tend to press the F1 key just to check whether I killed the bugger or not while I duck or take cover.

Gryphon

Apr 2, 2000
Ahh, but you see you don't acquire points just for wasting someone. Tap a bot in the legs with an M9 and you'll get points too, even if you don't kill him.

Heheh, I can just imagine people that make a habit of this. Toss a grenade into a room, watch it blow up, see their score increase so they charge in...only to get blown away by the three other bots who WEREN'T killed! /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

forumsig.jpg

Curtz

May 31, 2000
But the thing i realy like about the scoring system is that two or more people can get points for wasting the same person. Nice

mellenium hand and shrimp

Jackal<QSF>

Jul 13, 2000
www.angelfire.com
yes yes

ya i understand that point
im not the type to constily check the score bord every min

i was just waounding if there was supposed to me real time daed sentince like

Jackal<QSF> Sloughterd Angel Of Death_FBA

things of that nature

mad here said the cat

mgentry

Oct 24, 2000
Visit site
desperation...

I think the (quit unusual?) feature of not knowing what scores the opponents have until the end is smart too; helps get the frantic adrenaline vibe going at the end of close matches when you really don't know how close...

Keep this feature, please.

BiG_E

Oct 4, 2000
Visit site
scoring system in ctf, dm, last man standing, and assualt

The scoring system needs to be changed for the following gametypes. In ctf you can capture the flag but still lose if the opposing side dealt more damage and similar things happen in other gametypes. PLEASE FIX THIS IN 2.82 OR 2.85, WHICH EVER ONE COMES OUT FIRST(j/k).

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
Jackal can't wait for 2.8 online because he misses me kicking his ass every day! oh wait....maybe taht was the other way around....

JB.gif

~Cobra~

Cursed!
Apr 7, 2000
Visit site
just wondering if you'll be able to see who killed you... like you were killed by.. so and so.. i made by arguments for this in the apropriate forum and wonder if it's going to be implemented in a future release

Meshuggah

Apr 24, 2000
Chandler, Az, USA
Visit site
I don't think the Argument "it must be realistic" should be used over and over again as it looses it's weight.

We all know this is a realistic mod, But disucss actuall reasons for some features to be the way they are...Not just simply "thats not realistic"

Believe me, I am all about realism, but you cannot escape the fact that this is a game.

I am not bashing the realism, I am just getting tired of folks saying this has to be this way because it is realistic. This isn't a very strong argument to me because infiltration has things in it that are not realistic but are there for a purpose, take the Radar for instance.

Anyways, what I am saying is that please use a better argument than "It is more realistic" in the future.

page

Kain

Nov 7, 1999
Visit site
after all, in real life some soldiers just crouch down on the floor crying and wanting to escape - it wouldn't be much fun if all your bots suddenly did that would it? :)

DeadeyeDan[ToA]

de oppresso liber
Mar 2, 2000
Tucson, AZ, US
www.clantoa.com
That's just the short-winded version, Mayhem. Galaddin could have said something like "Well in a real life battle, you don't see any messages appear in front of your face when you or anybody else dies", but that's obvious- so he just said it's not realistic.

Jackal<QSF>

Jul 13, 2000
www.angelfire.com
but mabe they could make it a option on where you can turn it on or off

i would like mine on cuz im a good sport and i would like to know who made me meet my maker to congrajulate them on killing me

mad here said the cat

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
No way. I disagree fully. One of the biggest problems with Counter Strike is that it's still WAY to individual, simply because it tells you your kills/deaths, etc. The way that Inf will beat out everyone else is to completely remove any kind of individual statistics, and give give teams scores depending on how well they work as a team. I personally love the way it's going (I still don't really know how it figures out my score -- and that's a good thing). Way to go team!

Mike