2.82 Bug or Feature?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
When prone and firing the MP5 the gun bounces all over the place (looks like you're in an earthquake).

Is this supposed to be this way?

If so, why. I thought that you where supposed to be the most accurate when lying prone.

ZundSig4.gif

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
In prone position, you'll be the most accurate in terms of aiming wobble with the sniper rifles. Future versions of course. But prone position is the most difficult position to control a fully automatic weapon.

shakinfil.jpg

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Ah...I see, well I guess it makes sense then.

Damn, you guys take this realism thing seriously...good :)

ZundSig4.gif

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
Actually...

...To certain large PC companies (that I won't name), a bug and a feature are the same thing. If something doesn't work the way it sposed to, it's described as a feature because it sounds better than bug or stuff up. Their description may be accurate language wise...but...slightly misleading.

Wow...wasn't that an interesting side note. :eek:

sig.gif

Groove is in the heart...fool

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Wow, that sounds like virtually every PC company I know. But of course Big Billy's M$ comes to mind above them all.

Man, I can't wait for aim waivering. Any idea if it'll be implemented by 2.85 :D, or is it something further off? :(

As for the shakeyness of full-auto weapons while prone, it makes perfect sense, as your arms are stretched pretty far out in front of you, meaning you lose all the stability provided by bent arms held close to your body.

DarKNesS=.gif

For you, the end is near.

Col.Sanders

Oct 12, 2000
Shakken, that doesn't jive with my experience. I have never seen the MP5SD bobble more from the prone position, unless it is because the mag is resting on the ground, or the foregrip is placed directly on a hard support like a log or curb.

But then, it was a fixed-stock MP5sd 9mm, not a folding stock mp5/40. Is there such a difference in recoil characteristics?

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Col.Sanders: Do you know what you are talking about? I've always found that aiming from belly down position to be the most uncomfortable position there is. Your lungs compress, your spine telescopes making your neck hurt, your elbows dig into the ground, you can't point your weapon properly, with your left arm out the gun wavers everywhere without a bipod/tripod.

Working up a steady shot W/O a bipod is manageable, but following though with a string of shots is rather more challenging than I care for.

If anything, the most stable way to shoot full auto is from kneeled/sitting position with the gun bipodded or tripodded.

shakinfil.jpg

Jocke CK

Apr 21, 2000
Stockholm,Sweden
Visit site
Well I am not an guncrazed US citizen;)
But I have done militiary duty in Sweden and I used an submachinegun(its as close as I can translate it) And I disagree. Ok I didn't often use automatic fire while prone but point fire wasnt unusual(2-3 shots) and it was easier compared doing the same while standing or kneeling. On the other hand that gun got an fairly low recoil so... Is that the diffrence?