Servers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

omohat

Jan 15, 2001
I was somewhat dissappointed to find that all the dedicated inf 2.85 servers seem to in the states. i couldn't find a single server with a ping of lower than 200, and to say the lag was bad was an understatement. Does anybody know of any dedicated servers in europe, as i don't think i'll truly be able to appeciate this masterpiece until i find a server with a lower ping.

TO give you an idea of how bad the lag was, i had to wait on average about 1 to 1.5 seconds between the time i pressed my button, and the time my gun fired. Not surprisingly, i died. alot.

Just to make sure my isp wasn't at fault i tried to look for TO and SF servers. I managed to find severeal with a ping of less than 40ms

So, does anybody think they can help me out

thanks

Nocke

Jun 13, 2000
I should have Nordic Inf. 2.85 up and running in a few days.

Run it from Sweden with good connection so a ping around 50-100 is normal for the nordic countries.

80-150 for central Europe.

omohat

Jan 15, 2001
Sounds good - any chance of you making a quick post to let us know when its running?

DredDamo

Nov 30, 2000
www.damodred.net
And...

THE_KABEL from Merlin will also run a server, I think...and I found a good one the other day (actually, a great one! It was like playing on a LAN) with a bunch of people from [L] on it. Nice guys, btw, real professional about the game. Suffice to say I'm very sleepy today 'cuz I played for too long last nite :)

I found about 4 servers with pings under 150 last night (I'm in the UK). I will also try to setup a small server (no more than 4 players total) on my machine occasionally. Check the chat to see if I'm on/playing.

Damodred

[edit]: chances are being on the Cambridge Ethernet DOES help me a bit :p
---
www.damodred.net

[This message was edited by [Damodred] on Mar 13, 2001 at 10:13.]

Unicorn

Mar 1, 2000
Visit site
I didn't find any servers under 320 or so from the UK last night (with a 56k), and even they seemed highly variable; peak value I saw while playing was around 13,000.

Still had some fun games though :cool:.

[L]-Seretonin

Mar 11, 2001
Thanks for the shout to Limey [L] mate- we enjoyed playing- suffice to say most of us are a little tired today!!