The big cry for help, *please read this one*

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
Things arent looking too bright for us lowband users at the moment, espesialy us sub 56k'ers :(

As it is now, allmost all importand news related to Infiltration is droadcasted on the weekly radio, witch is definately cool in its own right, and it shouldent change IMO, BUT!, some of us just dont have the bandwith to get anything out of that, and allso, apparently some just dont have the skills needed in spoken english either. We need more text based info!

Now before any of u lamers (u know who u are) starts saying "u should shut up and get a real connection, dumb ass", let me set it in stone right here and now, its just not that easy.
I personally live in a country where one company's monopoly on all the phonelines is killing the free phonemarket, they themselves have no interest in offering broadband because they invested BIG in ISDN, and want that money back, and for various reasons, other companies just cant afford to put down all the cables needed to offer it, only 10% of the population has acces to broadband (and thats a population of only aprox 5 mill).
Things look like this in many europeean countries, and in other places, broadband is just too expensive to get, keep that in mind why thank u!

Next big thing i would like to dissmiss. Yes, the show is uploaded every week, but we are talking 45-50 meg files, and i just dont have the time to spend 8-9 houers each week downloading just to know whats going on, and as a result of constand drop outs and hickups, just staying online that long is a near imposibility (witch is allso why i still dont have 2.85 yet) :(

I gather that broadband is getting extremely common in the US by now, this is not the case in europe though..and lacking knoledge, i cant say this for sure, but i doubt its all that easy to get in asia too (feel free to step in azn folks), and even if youre a yank stuck with a 56k, u'll prolly be getting thouse 4-5.xx kbs i can only dream of, as a result of living in a country with some of the worlds crummiest phonelines, im deleriously happy to reatch 2.xx kbs.
Also, theres that little thing called the Atlantic that kinda gets in my way!
Fact is, if things doesent change in this department soon, i (and prolly others) will drop out and leave, i feel poorly treated just for living in the wrong country damnit, i feel excluded from the rest of the community, and all i did wrong was getting born in Denmark :(

Now i, like all of us wants the team to work on the mod, and not wasting time updating...hell yeah!, but maybe the team needs a news guy, just doing that!?
Thats all it would take, just some news guy letting us less fortunate back into the know.

Now this is a somewhat nasty rant..i know, but its an importand one none the less.

Below i have only included one option to vote on, and there went thought into that, no one needs a "Nah, all u lowboand scum can suck my nob" option, that would just get abused.
Cast youre vote if u feel u are drawing the shortest straw (be it poor connection options, or launguage barrier), and feel free to put sympathy votes in there too.

And if u dont like that, go make youre own damn thread!

Gfsigil.jpg

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" color="white"size="2"><span style="font-size:10pt;width:100%;height:40pt;text-align:left;filter:wave_(freq=2,strength=5,phase=3,lightstrength=20)color="black"><span on_mouseover="this.style.color='white'"onMouseout="this.style.color='white'">Fighting the fucking censorship!</span></font>

Mindfish

Professional Victim
Jun 12, 2000
Move to Esbjerg. Cheap cable.

But yeah, I agree that INF info should be available in text format. The question is, who wants to do the work?

DredDamo

Nov 30, 2000
www.damodred.net
Hmm.

I see yer point. Are you talking about someone listening to INF radio, making notes, and summarizing the main points on the INF, or INF Radio website?

If so, there should be very little trouble getting someone to do it fer ya. I can do it on me own webpage if you like; it doesn't even have to involve the INF team at all. Better yet, some folks on established INF fansites should pitch in and do this. Hits guaranteed :)

I'll take them if no-one else volunteers...:p

Damodred

sig.jpg

---
www.damodred.net

BB_Izgard

I need to improve my aim.
Jul 23, 2000
No 2.85?

How can you possibly live without the goodness that is 2.85, Goat F**ker? Drop me a line with your adress and I'll send you a CD.

johannes_oberg@hotmail.com

PS. I know your situation, since I live in Sweden, the land of monopoly and blonde girls! :D

Two roads diverged in a wood and I, I decided to turn around, because let's face it, there are muggers and rapists and all kinds of crazy psychos out there...

KNIGHT

Dec 13, 1999
Visit site
Yeah...

Hi Goat ****er,

I understand well your concern, I own a new 56k (since last week I was on 33k !!!!) but I am lucky that were I work there are ultra fast connections, so I could download INF 2.85 and Map Pack, that would be impossible from home (and actually I find quite impossible to play online due lag).
I could send you the INF 2.85 package on CD by normal mail.
E-mail me privately if you are interested.

Cheers ;)

grailkn.gif

Cave Adsum

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
well even though it's not my problem i can see your pain, so how about posting a text transcript in the announcements forum and uploading one as a file to some sites.
That way everybody knows what's happening.

bigsig.gif

I_ABuGa

Vetran
Apr 27, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
I've got the same problem here in M'sia too, GF. Though its getting a little better now, there's still a long way off before I'll be able to play online properly.

GHOST_IceCoLd

Your Daddy!
Oct 21, 2000
www.teamghost.com
Hye GoatFunker!

Go to Dreamtactics.com I post all major INF news, plus I get email's of when major stuff is coming up so I stay up todate! Also all major news from the INF radio hits my new's section right after the broadcast. Dont know just thought that this might help you. Plus I think you are listed in the hall of fame ;).

IceCoLd

www.dreamtactics.com/main.html Offical INF Tactics site

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
So i am Ghost...but why?

Gfsigil.jpg

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" color="white"size="2"><span style="font-size:10pt;width:100%;height:40pt;text-align:left;filter:wave_(freq=2,strength=5,phase=3,lightstrength=20)color="black"><span on_mouseover="this.style.color='white'"onMouseout="this.style.color='white'">Fighting the fucking censorship!</span></font>

Gar

Magnum Farce
Oct 26, 2000
Thanks Goat

Good work fella, thanks for speaking up for all us poor deprived 56Kers. If I hadn't known a friend of a friend with a decent cable modem I don't think I would ever have managed to get 2.85.

I love the radio show but can never sustain it live and have to download one of the lesser quality versions as it becomes available.

I hope the team do continue to support/encourage (for practice) offline play with bots as well as online play.

P.S.

I hope you get your copy soon.

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
*bump*

Its great that fan sites are picking this up :) but i'd also like to see something happening on the INF site, i think allot of people have turned about and left INF as a result of no updates, not knowing about the radio, not beeing able to listen to the radio...many reasons.

Now to all u people offering to send me INF.. thanks :) i apretiate it.

But heres the deal: im going to visit a good freind of mine tomorrow, and he owns cable, so i'll get it then.

Gfsigil.jpg

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
wooo I know the feeling... not even a year ago I was stuck with my crumpy 28k :eek:

But even now (with a 3Mb cable link at home and a dual - 1Gb link going directly to the router in network locker adjacent to my office), if feel left out because of the lack of text news. Because of the lack of time, text news are very usefull since you can chose what to read and what not... With inf radio you have to listen to it all!

Nevertheless, INF radio is a great show in I hope it will be running for long! Its just that sometime, when you need info, you don't really want to go back and listen to the last 3 or 4 achived shows!!!

Go post goat. This is an important point, lots of people seem to forget about.

--- Geogob ---

The only way out is the 
C4 way

sdOK

Adept
Oct 12, 2000
Er yeah up the 56k'ers!!
Actually i got 2.85 pretty quick by just lettin it d/l while i was out.
Also I have played a few hours on the net with 2.85 now. Although my ping's have been far higher than im used to (320 in INF against 200 in Tacops) I still have had quite enjoyable games.
How is it for other 56k'ers? Is it playable for you guys?

<p align="center"><object>
<param name=movie value="http://www.stella-g.co.uk/sdoksig.swf">
<param name=quality value=high>
<embed src="http://www.stella-g.co.uk/sdoksig.swf" quality=high type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="300" height="140">
</embed>
</object></p>

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
Arent many INF servers out there yet, and they are all US really. So I ping 280-400 on my UK 56K. Game was fine with those pings, I could even snipe.

angryfire.gif
LordKhaine
angryfire.gif

"There is no peace among the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter and the laughter of the thirsting gods."

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
This is more of a request than anything else, but when the bug's are straightened out in the online code and all that, could we get some better bot AI?

I know its an ongoing strugle, and that work on it is allready beeing done....but i kinda need it :D
I play bot matches exclusively, and that wont change any time soon i fear.

So please dont put bot AI in too low a gear..we are a few who spend all ouer time with them!

Gfsigil.jpg

Nexus6

More human than human
Feb 3, 2000
Move to the good ol' USA, Goat, with our plentiful and cheap broadband. All we charge for admission is three buxom Danish girls. :D

Seriously, I feel all sad that you can't experience the goodness that is INF online. :( On the other hand, I've been to Denmark, and there are certainly worse places to live.

Iceman

Who Dares Wins
Oct 6, 1999
Australia
Visit site
What is even worss still is the goat mans ave dl speed is SLOWER than mine and i'm a 33.6ker :( .
Have you tried that program i told you about? That has resume dl too ;) .

Iceman.

<p ALIGN=CENTER>
page
</p>
<p ALIGN=CENTER><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"color="#A5AA56" size="2">One Shot, One Kill ,No Mercy</font> </p></font>