I need help quickly, please.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Draco-1

I've been to hell, and I spell it DMV.
Jan 30, 2000
Visit site
I posted my problem in teh Troubleshooting forum, but this is rather time critical. I'm setting up INF at the local PC Gaming center and I need to get it running in a couple hours.

I get the critical error when I start INF. HOWEVER, using UT safemode doesn't fix it, and there isn't a running.ini file to delete.

the thread is here:

UT Safemode does not fix Critical error

sasig.jpg

S

shmookid

Did you try this?

Did you look at the online manual under bugs & fixes? If you are getting a General Protection Fault error just start UT and when the recovery mode screen appears click cancel and then run INF. I had this problem and that fixed it right up.

Hope that helps
Shannon "Shmoo" Thompson :D

Murphy

Have beer, will travel.
Jan 9, 2001
Couple of ideas

First, could you post a log file from this to clear things up with particulars for the truly knowledgeable, rather than simpletons such as myself :p

If this is the same problem PhatCat and others had, the problem was the machine starting in safemode. One fix was to run UT, exit, then run infiltration. Another fix was to completely reinstall UT, then Infiltration & Maps, and try playing again.

For what it's worth, I ended up taking the second path, and Infiltration appears to work just fine for me now. Good luck, Draco-1.

Kodiak Destroyer? Blitz Iguana

Iceman

Who Dares Wins
Oct 6, 1999
Australia
Visit site
Yep, A full re-install of UT is the only thing i can think of :( .

Iceman.

<p ALIGN=CENTER>
page
</p>
<p ALIGN=CENTER><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"color="#A5AA56" size="2">One Shot, One Kill ,No Mercy</font> </p></font>

Draco-1

I've been to hell, and I spell it DMV.
Jan 30, 2000
Visit site
FIGURED IT OUT! WOOHOO!

With some brainstorming with Murph there, and a small miscommunication, it got it working. I copied all of the .ini files from the UnrealTournament\System folder from a computer that was working, to one of teh broken ones. It works now! :) didn't need to reinstall UT

sasig.jpg