snow?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

uAthan

Feb 2, 2000
Visit site
How do you make snow? I was wondering where the snow textures from Icestation Zeto are located? Any help would be appreciated.

J'nuh

Jan 22, 2000
freepages.ugo.com
well, i dont know where the snow textures are but you can open ice station in UED and browse the textures...
as for making the snow, this is a technique i have used to create rain and might help you.
pic your snow texture, create a special brush which is 2sided, masked, and transparent and introduce it to your level. (transparent is a personal pref)
once you lay out all your special brushes all over the level, you want to make a zone info and go into the ZoneInfo's properties. Under "ZoneInfo" you will see lines called "uPanSpeed" and "vPanSpeed".
tinker with those until you get the movement and speed you like.
oh yea, sheet brushes for things like rain and snow can look funky if you have a sky which contrasts with the color of the rain or snow. so, what you'll want to do is get your sky close to white so the brushes will blend together when you look up at the sky-thus resulting in a pretty damn nice looking flurry of snow. hope that helps :)