Not here to flame but Infiltration 8.0 sucks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DepthCharge

Mar 19, 2000
cali la usa
Visit site
i stopped playing UT and UT infil few months back when Infil 7x was still promising. So i figured id wait for 8.0 thinking it would rock. Now i came back and it aint the same, too much has changed. The running feature sucks, new gun models sucks bad, not to mention the weap sounds is low-quality. What the hell happenned to the engine. the old weap models look more realistic compared to Counter Strike. I know that many modders dont wanna bite off CS but Infiltration team had a good start till 8.0. So whats the reason behind this big change (to my opinion)? The team was doing great be4. Im not there to bitch but hell, i rather have 7.x than 8.x any day. The only good thing bout 8.0 are the few menu features and ect.

i kept a back-up of muts and mods for UT. Good thing it still works on the current patch or i would of been really pissed off. UT Infiltration was one of my best Mod and it still is, but not 8.x.

can the running feature, its really annoying.

sorry for the rants but i have to let some air out becuz i was waiting and hoping for 8.x to still have the same engine during 7.x with more featured weaps. 7.x might have some bugs but it sure rapes 8.x gameplay.

depth

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
_-_

what the hell are you talking about?
First of all its INF 2.82 not 8.0. This version is much better than the old one in respect that the models are much better made and much more accurate. yes they are look at the pictures of the realguns then look at these. There will only be slight differences. The sound quality is better also. have you ever shot a gun? its not a big *bang* and it is in the movies but more of a *pop* on most. There isn't supposed to be enough bass to blow up your speakers. I don't care if you think the running is bad, its realistic. You can't run forever.

Hahah the only thing you like is the menu wich does suck and they are completely redoing.

To conclude you are a very messed up confused and uninformed person. You don't know how to read numbers (2.8 does not equal 8) you don't know what an engine is (both use the same game which is the UT engine which is just a list of commands and parameters in which you coerse into making it do things). You don't get that 2.8 has more gameplay then the last. it is much more stratigic, not just run, shoot shoot shoot, run. And the last thing is, yes you are flaming and bitching, so don't even say that you are not...

------------------------
darkliege.jpg

<A HREF="http://planetunreal.com/titaniumwars" TARGET="_blank">http://planetunreal.com/titaniumwars</A>
Lead Artist
------------------------

[121st]Burton

full-auto SIG abuser
Feb 7, 2000
Hm...

I don't know CS, so I can't tell if their models were better then Inf's.(But I doudt that).
The running feature was implemented to stop people just speed and hop around like in normal UT. The sounds are not "poor"! Guns in real life don't sound like in the movies. My only experience with guns derive from my 10-months in the german Bundeswehr. I have only fired a G3, P1 and the MG. But I remember, that I was really surprised about how they actually sounded. And I was surprised even more, when I first heard the M16 and thought:"Damn, this is war!"

I think that your problem is, that Inf tries to be as realistic, as it can be. In V2.7 Inf was nothing more than a weapon-mod.
If you played V2.8 you will have noticed, that Inf has become (in my eyes) a stand-alone game based on the UT-engine.

Styx_Surfer

Pictor Habilis
Apr 17, 2000
Sweden
www.styxgraphics.com
The keyword here is realism, like it or not.
That's why the stamina bar is a great addition, IMO. You don't like it, fine, go play CS or AgentX. But "constructive criticism" is more than just telling the team that their mod "sucks bad".
And I honestly can't see how the weapon models suck compared to 2.75, I think they have improved a lot. Same goes with the sound, 2.8x has the best gun sounds I've heard in any game.

Handsome Boy Modeling School Graduate
styxanim2.gif

My homepage

Anon

Jun 4, 2000
Visit site
Ahh well, you know what they say..

One mans meat is another mans vegetables
Enjoy your peas. :D :D :D

Did you try the maps?

sesame2.jpg

WHEN THE SH'T GOES DOWN.....

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
Depth CHarge...
ARE you mad ? Or just Id*oT ?

INF i 2.8 is 10* better than 2.75 !
It become better and better each time. Close to the perfection.

WE love realism. And INF is THE only game/mod so realist !

You don't love realism => You don't love us => We ahte YOU ! :)

sniper.gif

Gryphon

Apr 2, 2000
Okay, let's compare CS and Inf weapon models!

CS:
ak47.jpg

Inf:
Shot0091.jpg

CS:
mp5.jpg

Inf:
MP510A3_c.jpg

CS:
sg552.jpg

Inf:
Shot0108.jpg

Judge for yourself.

forumsig.jpg

DepthCharge

Mar 19, 2000
cali la usa
Visit site
to the first preson who replied flaming, first of all decide what ur gonna say be4 saying crap. when i say engine it can involve many game engines, not only "epic's engine" or HL engine and it's not unreal engine. get ur facts straight on that one. im talkin bout gameplay engine, physics and such mr know it all but who doesnt.

as about realism, yes everyone targets in that cat and i cant argue with that. CS is as close as to the real realism gameplay issues (cept for Awp weap). now if you have to bother togglin ur running key thats wrong. it might be real but its still a video game. many gamers preffer fast action and to the point. (maybe im just use to HL engine) but even throwing gren physic is so odd.

weap models on pics always look good, that is.... until you see the in-game pic of the weap models compared to CS and other fps out there. the new weap models look very similar to "IM Going IN" game by eidos and its crap. in realism, weap looks like a damn mini toy gun when im playing. that is not what i wanna see. looks to be a chubby gun too. old weap models owned perfectly sorry to say. no offense to anyone, i still love the INfil team.

depth

BrownyMan

Poet, Gentleman, Infiltrator?
Mar 21, 2000
USA, NH
Visit site
Well...

Even though JonnyBoy and I love it. Most people hate it, but anyways just look at this comparison of the best weapon model and skin in Infiltration.

eagle.jpg

DesertEagle.jpg

newersig.jpg

Goat Fucker

No Future!
Aug 18, 2000
Denmark
Visit site
"Want to talk with the forum regulars, offer the team some constructive criticism, find a reliable server, or just want to praise the team in general -- here's the place."

Thats odd, where did the constructive criticism go in this thread, i cant find any!

"Not here to flame but Infiltration 8.0 sucks"

Now thats even more odd, i only find flaming here.
What could this meen?

*Rotating red light starts flashing*
.........WANKER ALERT!

gfsigil.jpg

All hail the PRF!

Acey4 NA

Nov 27, 2000
depth charge,if u dont like realism then fuk off,this is a realism game,why bother trying to get us to get laser guns that are striped blue and red,and people can run as fast as they can forever,and battle in castles,and for some mistyrious reason,some computer game spirit carelessly left a nuke laying inside a castle.

really,u have the kind of mod u want on the original UT....UT its self!!!!!

welcome to the jungle PUNK!

HollowPoint

TBuildT mapper
Oct 21, 2000
For the last time.......

IF U DON'T LIKE REALISM..DON'T PLAY INF!!!
Go play Action Unreal if don't like it.

---Mess with the Best...Die like the Rest---
uzi.gif

Yojimbo

Oct 20, 2000
www.anal.com
Hey guys take it easy with these people coming in and not liking INF, no need to flame back especially not when the person is harmless.
If you flame at the "flamers" you just do the same thing as they do, and you turn into the enemy. No need to stand up to INF as we all now how realistic and accurate that it is.
Just ignore them.

-------
Yojimbo
-------

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
The problem is all critic they do are injustified !
If you say something disturbing but real you merit some respect.
But if you say bull-**** just to instigate reaction from INF user, you have what you are looking for...

sniper.gif

LordSpoon

plastic fork! my name is plastic fork dammit!
Nov 7, 2000
If many gamers dont like the realism of INF than they shouldnt play INF. Thats what CS, TO, and to a lesser extent, SF is there for.

BTW, CS is NOT close to realism at all. Its not even up to action movie standards if you look at how much punishment it takes to mow a player down.
And yes, many of the CS weapon models do rock. Very much. The hands on em suck though and INF are animated way more realisticly.

**** **** off

Evil_Joe

Jan 22, 2000
PA
Visit site
Depthcharge

He is right about what an engine is. The way your using the term doesn't coincide with the popular definition among game developers hardcore gamers etc.

I can't really relate to your opinion of the 2.75 weapons being better looking then 2.8. I can understand your gripe with the sounds. Not everyone wants realistic sounds. Both me and my old man (who was in the US army back in either 65-67 or 66-68) where impressed with the m-16 sounds. I've yet to hear another game/mod/simulation come closer. And I'm sort of a details nut [yes I sweat the small details] so I love the sounds in infiltration. The only thing I think that needs to be changed hear is that the sounds of the weapons firing should overpower [except the suppresed ones] the other sounds like a mag being dropped etc.

I also like the stanima bar, if it where any other way it would just be old school dm with rl weapons.

So hey its not for you, the infiltration team is shooting for a very specific objective [not simply please the majority]. Its a pitty somebody has to explain this everyday though :)

Map and the world maps with you.

DepthCharge

Mar 19, 2000
cali la usa
Visit site
just becuz

well ppl need to get their slominds straight. as i said, i wasnt flaming simply becuz to my opinion the the new feature suxors. now if i was to flame, id flame the team and to the person who has a bad mouth. everyone has an opinion about everything. it can be good or bad and that is not flaming. you want to flame me? get some morals and common sense. being offended by opinionsis purely childs play to me.

c yah

depth

Status
Not open for further replies.