I want Gibs back

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Habobar

Oct 10, 2000
Visit site
i dont like the dead playermodels lying around.
It made soo much more fun to Gib some enemys with a grenade or with the h&k69 in 2.75
Cant there be a mutator for this in 2.85 ?

-=SDS=-A-TeamDan

Oct 25, 2000
www.geocities.com
NO

ATeamDan_20984.gif

Speak

May 20, 2000
www.new-legends.net
I sooooooo agree

Apart from the fact that people dont really tend to fall apart that easily in real life, there really should be a mutator for it. Sometimes I use the normal UT models as opposed to the soldier model merely because it is so satisfying to lob a grenade down a hole at a bunch of guys and not go down to find a bunch of neat bodies, full spread, but a load 'o' gibs and blood on the walls. Unfortunately, when using the normal UT skins the bots seem to be unable to use guns... wierd eh?

By the way, im not mental or anything...

No really...

Honest. :D

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
yes i agree with those two guys. i want men to explode into 55 pieces in my totaly realistic game as well.

boy, you guys must be Fuc'king geniuses. 'YEAH!! I WANNA HAVE THA EMM-PEE FIVE BLOW PEOPLE INTO 58 PIECES!!! seriously, i recognmend you go to one o' them shrinks and hvae them check the size of your dman cranium, because by golly, i think youre the smartest people in the world. but jsut make sure when he uses that little cranium measure device HE DOESN'T BLOW YOUR HEAD UP INTO FIVE PIECES BECAUSE THAT TENDS TO HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE.

JB.gif

E

element

JB, hows about we stick a grenade in that loud mouth of yours...nothing to worry about, you'll just get a few minor scratches is all.

-------------------------
Which button to call in an air strike?

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
What do you think to have some "Fatality" à la mortal Kombat when you win ? Rip their heart off their chest, stick 100Kg of RDX in their ASS

.. :)

sniper.gif

{Just REALITY. Other things are unnecessary}

Hannibal

Jan 6, 2000
Visit site
peace, my brothers

Why can't we all just be friends? Probably because some people here are idiots. But that's beside the point: if you want a mutator for lotsa gibs, go ahead and make one, it's not a bad idea.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
I hope everyone understand i joked the in my last post ;)
I was making fun on people asking for silly things to be added in INF !

sniper.gif

{Just REALITY. Other things are unnecessary}

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
I don't know, there may be some situations where gibs wouldn't be unrealistic. If someone is caught w/ several grenades exploding right by him, I'd imagine in real life the end result would be pretty messy...

Maybe limit gibs to cases where massive damage is done explosively. I think that would be a good idea, and ADD to realism.

Just my $0.02

Alpha_9.gif

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

John Donne

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
or when you unload your mp5 and hit the guys ammo as he pukes it up. some of those bots carry a sh!tload of ammo. if nothing else you would expect a bit of dismember ment.

Can you spot the sniper?
spotthesniper.jpg

Too Late!

LordSpoon

plastic fork! my name is plastic fork dammit!
Nov 7, 2000
<= GIBS = GAY

I hardly think a human body is so fragile it would be blown into GIBS by a grenade.

visor_sig.jpg

**** **** off

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
95% of the weapons in INF really aren't capable of producing any levels of physical mutilation that would require whole new "Gibing" animations/models to be added. As of now the only weapons that I think would deal out enough damage as to remove a limb or cause a massive exit wound be an explosive device or maybe a point blank shotgun round.

boom

Kain

Nov 7, 1999
Visit site
final battle in SPR: man with TNT bomb runs up to tank, fuse not long enough, he blows himself up, gibs fly in every direction.
So maybe the UT default gibs are way too big, but surely there could be facility for making smaller ones. It may not be realistic but it looks damn cool. :)

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
I don't think it's a priority, but I too would like to see some gibs in explosion death animations (grenades, land mines, etc...). Definately make them smaller, but they would be realistic in these circumstances.

After all there are already:
[*]M67 Frag Grenades
[*]HK 69 40mm Grenades
[*]M203 40mm Grenades
[*]Land Mines (DM-ExtremePrejudice)
[*]explosive ammo (depending on game settings)
[*]other explosive map elements

And with 40mm grenade attachments for the M4 Carbine and possibly SG 551-SWAT, I think that is more than enough to warrant it.

As for limb removal by bullet, the team has stated this is a plan for the future.

DarKNesS=.gif

For you, the end is near.