2.80/2.85 Model Comparisons

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
I just figured I'd post a nice little comparison so we can see just exactly how much better the models in 2.85 really are. Here goes...

Jungle Camoflauge
Jungle280.jpg

Jungle285.jpg

Urban Camoflauge
Urban280.jpg

Urban285.jpg

Desert Camoflauge
Desert280.jpg

Desert285.jpg

I'd say the most notable difference is in the heads. The 2.80 soldier model has that oddly sloped forehead and sharp cheek bones, while the 2.85 model looks more natural. The backpack is another welcome change. The pack in 2.80 looks like it's growing right out of the soldier's back, whereas the pack in 2.85 actually looks like a seperate object. The skin also looks sharper and more detailed.

Once again guys, great job. If I could reach through my monitor and shake your hands, I would. I can't wait to see some in-game shots.

-Keiichi

Sig01.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/morisato_81/

[This message was edited by Keiichi on Dec 25, 2000 at 22:00.]

Evil_Joe

Jan 22, 2000
PA
Visit site
one thing I noticed,and this is sort of a complaint the old models had a newer LBE while the new models have an older form of LBE (Load Bearing Equipment also called LCE Load Carrying Equipment)... other then that I'd have to agree they look MUCH better

Map and the world maps with you.

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
now, i definately prefer the new models, but it brings a question to ol' j.b.'s head. how about the poly count on the new ones? higher? lower? same? im hoping lower!

JB.gif

Acey4 NA

Nov 27, 2000
the pouches say "INF"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

SHOW ME WHERE I MUST SEE :D

its right out side the door,now testify!

CBuzz

Mar 5, 2000
Washington, DC
www.planetunreal.com
It's pretty faint, and they will probably not show up once the skins are imported, but I couldn't put in the letters of a particular nationality because Inf isn't associated with any country specifically... so INF is there :)

buzz_sig2.gif

Evil_Joe

Jan 22, 2000
PA
Visit site
Cbuzz in the US army we are switching to the vest like deals instead of the old AlICE straps. Again not a big deal and I still have ALICE straps but we are getting the vest like ones instead. Every E1 or E2 in the unit is getting them with there TA-50 issue when they join up. Later the rest of us will get them.

Map and the world maps with you.