Hey dudes, I got some questions.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Alpha5

Banned
Nov 13, 2000
Right, my little cherubs. At the moment I am playing Strike Force, but I am also looking to spread my lovliness round to other mods. A couple of guys have told me Infiltration is meant to be cool. So, as I know next to nothing about it I thought maybe some of you guys could let me know what it's all about.
If one of you dudes could give me the low-down I would be most grateful and would see my way to letting you have one of my ladies on the house for an hour.
Oh Yeah. Is it true you cant play on-line?
Pimps up, hos down.

Gay used to mean happy when I was a kid.

Styx_Surfer

Pictor Habilis
Apr 17, 2000
Sweden
www.styxgraphics.com
I'm only answering to this 'cause you claim to be a pimp :)
Go to the Infiltration mainpage at www.planetunreal.com/infiltration
Then look through the *ancient* RoadMap and the Armory. That should answer most your questions. When you're done there, go to www.pimpit.com for some really cool gear ;)

Handsome Boy Modeling School Graduate
page

My homepage

I_ABuGa

Vetran
Apr 27, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
LOL, I can literally see you swagger your way in here.

INF is not online capable at this time.

It is supposed to be a realistic as possible, team-based military mod. Since you come from SF I'll try to explain the differences using SF as a referrence.

First of all, there is no crosshair. This is the biggest peev most people have with INF. Instead of a x-hair, you virtually shoulder your weapon and use the ironsights or attached scope. For the average DM gamer this totally screws up the view coz a lot of your screen is blocked. This is perhaps the only unique thing in any game that can be found.

Stamina and damage - at this time, stamina in INF and SF are virtually the same. Damage as well, there are simiarities in that you'd need only a few bullets to kill a target where ever you hit the target. This will change in coming releases.

Weapons - the hallmark of any realism mod is its selection of weapons. All I can say for existing weapons and weapons that are planned is that you'd find them in almost any other mod. The weapons' implementation is very different however. The sounds, animation and texturing take real life in consideration - no teevee gun-shot sounds etc etc. Additionally, the use of these waepons, as I have already noted in the first paragraph, is very different. NO CROSSHAIR! Some people find it difficult to get used to.

Loadouts - instead of purchasing and equiping weapons on the field ala SF, INF troops deploy fully kitted. There is no rush to purchase or gear up. There is no station where you may purchase weapons and kit and have to do so before entering the game itself using the loadouts menu. In future versions of INF, when you kill an opponent, he will drop his back-pack and you may scavenge equipment and ammo from it. At this time, the stuff just drops out all over the place as in normal UT.

Gameplay - at this time, gameplay focuses mostly on team-DM. Team-dm, DM and assault maps have been included in the map pack. There are numerous aspects that are effected by INF's gameplay mechanisms. You move at a speed that a CS fanatic of mine regards as "constipated" - you walk just as slow as you do in SF and have the option to run. The difference is that in INF, tactics and strategy is focused on more due to the game mechanics of player speed, weapon aiming, map design and use of available cover. INF has leaning, and proning - I hear that SF has caught on on this good idea. With leaning and proning, cover is used more effectively and this simple tactic can be a most decisive action.

Bot support - at this time, playing with yourself - that is with bots, is the only option with INF. Its good practice and I find my bots tend to give me a run for my money. I think INF bots are a lot better than TO bots. I'm not sure of SF's tho since I havent played it in a while.

Maps - maps break or make a game, and INF's maps are the creme of the creme. Optimized for realistic play and with the INF game dynamic in mind, INF mappers bring you the cutting edge of maps to be found almost anywhere on the net. To me, SF and TO maps are great but INF maps when played with INF just blows the competition. Not to say that SF and TO maps are bad, you can play those maps by making a few changes actually - but some think it sacriligious ala BlackKnight or wuz it bloodknight?

What else would you like to know? Reading the roadmap will only give you a general idea of how INF is going to turn out coz its very very very outdated - and I think the team wants it to be so.

Alpha5

Banned
Nov 13, 2000
Hey dudes!!!

Yo, you have been most kind. I reckon the only way to see what's up now is to play this mother for myself.
If either of you two bros are in my hood look for a dayglo yellow topless caddy with leopardskin trim. That'll be me. I'll fix ya up with two of my best bitches. Nothing kinky mind.
Thanks for the info dudes.

Alpha5

Banned
Nov 13, 2000
Hmmmmm.

Not bad. Not bad at all.
Only thing is all the maps seem to be UT ones. Are there some custom built Inf maps and if so where can I get those little devils.
I reckon this would be ultra cool if the Inf team could get it on-line. I reckon StrikeForce is ahead because of that reason but if this goes to the servers then who knows....

Acey4 NA

Nov 27, 2000
ya,after u download the 2.80 map pack,go to realmaps[link on the nav bar at the top]and download a few ones there,but the very next version of INF is going to be an online one,plus u can choose if ur character will carry backpacks and stuff,now,to the bitches.......... :)

its right out side the door,now testify!

Alpha5

Banned
Nov 13, 2000
Ah Styx Surfer......

but you forget. I am totally blind. I play SF and Inf by instinct alone. I follow the path set by my legendary advisor U Chew Dung (ancient Chinese martial arts teacher).
I do not need eyes to see. For who sees the wind as it whistles through the trees?

I_ABuGa

Vetran
Apr 27, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
madfatman - and why would you want to do that? It leaves your ass vulnerable.

Given the nature of INF, I've never had the opportunity of totally running out of ammo at this time. Dun know about the others tho.