Infiltration and Westpoint Military Academy....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

seeker

Mar 9, 2000
Visit site
Well, my friend Dave is visiting from the point and he was talking about how much they all play CS over there on their LAN and stuff. So, I set him up with INF 2.82 on my comp and it blows him away. He couldn't think of enough things about it that he liked more than CS. So, when he goes back, he will be downloading INF at his comp at the point ASAP and telling everyone else to do the same. When 2.85 comes out everyone at the point with comps will likly be playing Infiltration. Just thought that was interesting.
Seeker

]
sigsnipe1.jpg

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
The future looks bright for Infiltration... :cool:

Alpha_9.gif

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

John Donne

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
..?

I though that their favorite game was delta force ? This is the only thing I like in delta force ...biggggggggggggg hugggggge mapppp
but the graphx sucks ...argg
yeah another thing ..is it possible to make grass in UT ? I mean 2d grass ..its nice to hide when you are prone and didn't have something any kind of cover ...
I know Inf. isn't delta force so don't flame me please =)

UTProphet

Trial By Fire
Dec 8, 2000
tbf.clanspot.com
I have delta force 2. (that's the number two, not too). I know what you mean about the maps. Why is it only able to run in software mode? Even if it didnt, the graphics would probably suck anyway. The sniping technique is quite unrealistic. If you had one eye in a scope, you wouldnt be able to see everything outside the scope as clear as you can in that game. your view would be split in half, not just a little circle in the bottom right... :mad:

UTProphet
Jeremy Rosenberg

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
DF2

I just have the demo and I am able to have the direct3d or OpenGl mode ...don't remember which sorry. The game is so slow in software mode ! Incredible! When i put the scope on I fall to 10 fps ...! and I am running on a p2 466 Celeron 64 sdram (now 128 =) )
The weapons are in 2d too ...so no hot reload like all the guns in inf =)
But i really like the grasssss in df2 !

MrKiddieGrinder

Dec 29, 2000
MAYNARD FROM THE BAND "TOOL" WENT TO WESTPOINT MILITARY ACADEMY

shutup.gif

DON'T BOTHER TRYING TO REPLY TO ME BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN BANNED

JAYJAY

Dec 29, 2000
counter strike sucks, im still trying to figure out why i still play it. but thats coo that everyone loves inflotration :D. it got 2nd place for best mod of the year for UT. damn i want 2.85

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
Just an FYI...

Delta Force is slow because the terrain is generated using a Voxel Engine (Voxel = simular to a 3D pixel), with vector geometry being used for the buildings. NovaLogic has been having a hard time optimizing their voxel engine for speed. They did make some tweaks but have a ways to go. If they ever get a speed increase enough to generate a voxel output that is 4x the current setting... then they will have something well worth editing for. On that note, I guess I should also keep my eyes open for a flying pig. :D

Yeah.. I know I got a little OT there

SP2.gif

Over 1 Million Served!

Delta Force

DF3 - Land Warrior is my current game of choice - likely because Infiltration is not MP yet...and I belong to a DF squad that is an awesome bunch of people. It is a LOT of fun to play with a group. Significant improvements were made in DF3 vs. DF2 as far as graphics and overall perfomrance. Still the graphics are not quite what I would expect from a game new in 2000...and it is NOT nearly as realistic as INF, but it IS fun.

Now, when Infiltration 2.85 is out I may bring it to their attention - the problem is most of them will probably not have UT (their money is in DF) and it will be somewhat difficult to get them to try it (they have been playing DF since the first game...) and one tends to like what one knows. But some of us feel that the DF line is dead or soon to be, so we shall see. I think Infiltration would be a logical move for them...we shall see.

Regardless, I will play INF...

Stop, Look, and Listen
Steel

UTProphet

Trial By Fire
Dec 8, 2000
tbf.clanspot.com
or you could... well... (is there a codeword for burning a cd illegally?). But IM NOT telling you to do it, I just said its a possibility. Then anyone that DID get a burned copy could receive a crack from various sites.

But you DIDNT HEAR IT FROM ME! :eek:

UTProphet
Jeremy Rosenberg

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Hidden and dangerous had 2d guns !!! get the add on pack better levels (MUCH BETTER) and all the guns have been modled into 3d with a good few more to...
The add on is called "Fight for Freedom" and in America i belive the name was changed to "Devils Bridge"

Eagle-Six-Zero

Dec 28, 2000
Good Idea about the Grass

That grass idea is awesome. That would really add an edge to INF. If it is even possible. Submit that under the suggestion board man.

Eagle-Six-Zero

Dec 28, 2000
Good Idea about the Grass

That grass idea is awesome. That would really add an edge to INF. If it is even possible. Submit that under the suggestion board man.

eaglebottom.jpg

The Only Easy Day... Was Yesterday

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
I look forward to playing against a bunch of military trainees in 2.85 (I'll teach them a thing or two... or not. :D)

-Baphomet-:
I notice you've been in as pissy a mood as I have been lately. Have you had a sh'itty few weeks lately too?

DarKNesS=.gif

For you, the end is near.