Please Help Me In Game Menu Got Screwed!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

KnightHawk

Jan 10, 2001
i changes the resolutuon to 1024by1240 and now the menu is screwed up. I like the grapghics using 1024 by 1240 so i dont want to change that is there any way to change the menus resolution with out changing the in game resolution?

bastard_o

Lead Designer
Sadly I don't think that is possible, switching screen modes is a pain in the arse at the best of times. But a nice idea if it could be done.

This is a UT thing rather than an INF thing anyway.

I would like my MENU to be 1024x768 and in-game to be 640x480 :( I still only have a PII350 just not enough grunt to play in Super_Super_VGA mode :D

Bastard'O

AmmoWaster

Aug 18, 2000
No prob. It can be done.

Use the '~'-key to bring up the console (or use TAB to get to the quick-CLI) and type the following:

'setres 800x600' (without the quotes)

That should do it...

(works for me :) )

[This message was edited by *AmmoWaster* on Jan 12, 2001 at 16:58.]

AmmoWaster

Aug 18, 2000
Yup. Now i've done it...

Didn't read (understand) the question... :)

The UT-console-thingy (in my last post above) is useful if your Inf-menu gets unuseable at 1280x1024-res (which always happens to me)

You could use it in-game however to quickly change res...

Instead of 'setres 800x600' it also seems to work with 'setres 1024x768' and 'setres 1280x1024'. Haven't really tried other resolutions though...

oh well... Nearly talked myself out of this one... :D