argh! messed up my bots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BA Baracus

I pity the fool!
Oct 17, 2000
texas
www.giantsofscience.org
i used to play with the bots set on Masterful and no additional tweaking, but this was starting to get really boring, way too easy.

so tried a little tweaking along the lines of these reccomendations.

what i did:
left bots on Masterful
Accuracy : left at 50%
Alertness : ~75%
Camping : ~30%
Strafing : ~75%
Style: Cautious

and upped the base skill to anywhere from 60-90%

now the bots are pegging me with headshots from the AK at distances such that they're barely more than specs to me. grrr...

anybody have suggestions for better bot tweaking?

mrtt4.jpg

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I'd just knock the accuracy way down.
I've always thought the bots where too accurate, even on the lower levels they seem to be able to pull off 400m headshots with the M9 :rolleyes:

I just wish they would react more realiscaly when you hit near them or pop one of their buddies.

<center>
ZundSig4.gif
</center>

BA Baracus

I pity the fool!
Oct 17, 2000
texas
www.giantsofscience.org
this seems to be working well

d'oh, i'm a retard! i only had one bot on Cautious, the rest were on normal

well i moved accuracy down to ~25-30%
upped alertness to 100%
set their skill levels back to 50%(except for my "squad leader" bots)
and set them all to cautious

and they seem to be working a lot better. no more inhuman accuracy and they actually will move/run for cover most of the time when you shoot at them.

it's so great to see a bot round a corner to see me with a shot-gun, i put some lead in him, and instead of just standing there he runs back around the corner!!! yeah!!!

mrtt4.jpg