What the fu*k?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nova-k

Damn Newbie
Nov 19, 2000
Why the hell am I banned from #infiltration in irc.gameslink.net? I haven't done anything! It the banner would be so nice and explain why? :mad: :mad: :mad:

novak - taking infiltration to the extreme

Youre not banned, your isp is. And this really ought to go into the o/t section....

benchxyzMURRAYFLAMES.jpg

I want to do my part to make the world a better place, but murder is illegal.

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
_-_

hmm odd, there is only one mask banned in #Infiltration...

please give the following information
1. Your ISP (this will determine if it is your ISP that is banned or just you.
2. Your IRC nick
3. Your IRC mask

With this information we will be able to tell if you are the one banned and if you deserve it.

darksig.jpg

Legends Reborn
Project Leader/ Lead Artist
http://planetunreal.com/legends

[This message was edited by Darkliege on Jan 31, 2001 at 15:02.]

nova-k

Damn Newbie
Nov 19, 2000
Did someone ban *!*@*.fi? PaHa-ViLle is finnish as am I.

Eliwar

-
Aug 14, 1999
_-_

we have this one down:

*!*@*.dail.Kolumbus.fi

what is your IRC nick if it is different. There were some people temporary banned last night for cool down, I want to see if you are one of them...

darksig.jpg

Legends Reborn
Project Leader/ Lead Artist
http://planetunreal.com/legends

sdOK

Adept
Oct 12, 2000
Could you tell me if i deserve to be banned?
i use btinternet but i have never been on gameslink. somehow that doesnt seem fair to ban almost a whole country for a couple of ****s.
i mean has no one from another isp ever caused trouble in there? seems very fishy to me.

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
Last time I looked, several ISP's were banned from gameslink. Mind you, its been a while since Ive been able to get on gameslink (Im on BT). And as its the only 24/7 flat rate ISP I can get, I certainly are NOT changing ISP.

LordKhaine

Robertson

MarSec/Sentinel Team Captain
Sep 19, 2000
www.marsec.f2s.com
That seems a little heavy handed doesn't it?
Banning an entire group just because of a few select individuals that didn't know how to act their age.

Gameslink should rethink that action before it escalates any further.

Tunafish

Oct 15, 2000
Hey Khaine, you could give Freeserve's Anytime a go. Signed up with it today, and it seems pretty good, plus you're not banned from gameslink.

Does BT cut you off every 2hours? Thats the only annoying thing about Freeserve

tunasigsolid.jpg

Galaddin

Forum Drifter
Mar 15, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
I suppose that's the only way to ban people on dial up (no fixed IP). I think a few IRC servers banned all Malaysian ISP's a while back because a few individuals didn't know how to behave.

It's a wise person who knows the difference between free speech and cheap talk.

I_ABuGa

Vetran
Apr 27, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
Malaysian's using JARING and TMNET were banned from at least 3 major IRC servers a few years ago coz we acted in a immature, childish and disrespectful manner. I'm not sure if the ban is still in place but it shows how many assholes from malaysia there are online. Idiots.

LordKhaine

Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hey Khaine, you could give Freeserve's Anytime a go. Signed up with it today, and it seems pretty good, plus you're not banned from gameslink.[/quote]

No I cant, I signed up to the 1st freeserve 24/7 deal months ago, I got kicked off for "over abusing" the deal. Plus BT pings very nicely for me, sub 150 sometimes. And I connect to BT in seconds, unlike Freeserve which took hours sometimes.

LordKhaine

Tunafish

Oct 15, 2000
Wow sub 150 ping on a 56k!? :eek:
Im lucky to get mine under 400 :rolleyes:

I havent had any problems connecting to Freeserve yet, but what's the name of the BT service you're on? I'll check it out.

tunasigsolid.jpg

nova-k

Damn Newbie
Nov 19, 2000
Nothing to do with gameslink..

Some of you people are quite new to IRC, aren't you? My point is that the people who got banned have nothing to do with gameslink, it's just the server. Few induviduals in #infiltration are abusing their ops and kicking and banning people as they please.

Ibrox

fear my Jedi blunts
Dec 11, 2000
you BT guys are mad, they are the biggest money grabbing double dealing whores on the face of the planet. I already had cable tv so NTL threw in internet for free (thats proper free, no flat rate no call charges nothing) and ive never had a
problem with the service. I would never give my money
to BT.

Ibrox

fear my Jedi blunts
Dec 11, 2000
oh yeah they do the basic channel package and a phone line for the same price BT charge just for ur line rental, so why would u give BT ur money(BTW i hate BT) they keep stalling on unbundling the local loop just they can keep their monopolised grip on your money for as long as possible.Every one in UK should join gamers against BT.(cant remember thir site at the moment).

LordKhaine

Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
If your talking about GABT (Gamers Against British Telecom) or something, with a person called Selerox working on it, then yes I do know about it. I should know, Selerox is my brother after all.

Btw, the deal is called Bt Anytime.

angryfire.gif
LordKhaine
angryfire.gif

"There is no peace among the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter and the laughter of the thirsting gods."