not so realism! :)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
from a few of the ol'skool players of Action Quake 2 there is a mod called URBAN TERROR

a pertty good mod if your into fast "realistic" not "real" game play. much faster paced, and more of the gameplay is based on pretty effects than realism. If you have a soft spot for the orginal Action Quake 2 you should have a look at it!

phat-10.jpg

newbie.jpg

Digi_PDX

Jan 28, 2001
RE : Urban Terror

I have been playing q3:Urban Terror for months now and I enjoy it. My only complaint is the bots get stuck alot.. but they do take cover when being shot at hehe.

The one good thing about it is some of my friends don't have Unreal Tournament... this allows me to play a tac sim "TYPE" game with my q3 buddies :)

------------------

sk_logo_edge_a.gif

eraser

I'm your brain on drugs.
Dec 13, 1999
In a town foo!
Visit site
tried it

i played it on a friends computer and read something about q3-navyseals. maybe two good reasons to buy q3 - the only problem i have is that q3 is not available any more here in germany, because of the youth-law - maybe i will get it on ebay for a few $ ;-)

Dec 18, 2000
home.hot.rr.com
I tried it today but I had to break compadabilty with WF :( It was fun but all ther servers I tried to get on would boot me out as soon as I loged in. I played a couple of the maps in single player and would say that they where the highlight for me :)

lust2.jpg

Seven Sin<---Click me
damnit!

LordSpoon

plastic fork! my name is plastic fork dammit!
Nov 7, 2000
bah

I tried installing two different quake3 mods, neither worked, both screwed up my Q3 (which I reinstalled over 5 times), and yes, I did have the latest patch and all that s[/b]hit. Until I find something truly worthwhile, f[/b]uck q3 and its mods.

spasdude_sig2.jpg

NGKrush

Jan 20, 2001
www.o8s.net
urban terror is actually quite good, the levels are quite realistic, although the textures could use some work, and ther are a lot of differences in height what also helps keeping the gameplay varied.. I've been following Navy Seals for quite some time now and if you visit the forums a lot you notice that they tend to go to the "real" realistic side.. just like infiltration.

btw.. if you have q1 somewhere in a drawer.. pick it up and download navy selas for q1, one of the first realism mods :D

Dec 18, 2000
home.hot.rr.com
That is the problem with q3a. The patches after 1.17 broke compatibility with allot of the mods. My biggest problem with q3a is the config files. I'll bind all my keys save it and it works fine but when I reload the game and load my config for the keys it screws them all up :( And you think they would be able to fix the Intellimouse problem after all this time.

lust2.jpg

Seven Sin<---Click me
damnit!

IRIGHTI

Jan 20, 2001
i like it

I liked it for a while but i had to dump all of my q3a mods cus q3a was srewed. I will wait and get their version beta 2 when they release it. Hopefully it will be out before 2.85 or I will be torn between the two.........doh!!!!!!!

Look What You See When You Don't Have a Gun

Digi_PDX

Jan 28, 2001
Wow

q3 isnt for the plug and play type.. and before you continue to moan.. don't forget what tnt2/geforce owners had to do just to get UT running after they shelled out 50 bucks! That wasnt resolved for months. Sure the 3dFX people were loving UT but the non-3dFX got shafted.

Not to mention the patches you are referring to clearly state they are BETA. Didn't UT ship with an editor that wouldn't work once you applied all these patches it worked and they broke it with several more times with patches?

I personally own both games and for two seperate reasons. From day one people want to play the Q3 vs UT... well I hate to tell you but they are not even the same type of game. They both have their qualities and faults don't try and play one up to better then the other.. it's apples and oranges..

------------------

sk_logo_edge_a.gif