Need help install INF on a mac

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ElectricSheep

Tommy Vegas
May 11, 2000
Newark, DE
I'll keep it short...

This should <EM>really</EM> be in the Troubleshooting forum, but i'll give you the quick-an'-dirty on installing INF.

1. Download the core Infiltration zip file. its about 40 megs in size.
2. Download the InfMacInstall zipfile. You will need this to run Infiltration.
3. Download the optional maps zip file. Its about 41 megs in size.
4. Using stuffit expander, unzip the files downloaded above. You should end up with a text file called "Infiltration28x.umod", "Infiltration28xMaps.umod", and a folder named "InfMacInstall Folder".
5. Drop the "Infiltration28x.umod" file onto your UMOD Installer icon. The comptuer will probably appear to do nothing for a few minutes. Do not worry, its just takes a long time to process the huge amounts of data in the UMOD files.
6. Do the same with the "Infiltration28xMaps.umod" file.
7. Open up the "InfMacInstall Folder" folder. You should see several ini text files and zip file named "Mac Launcher.zip".
7. Change the name of the .ini file you want to use to "INF28.ini" and move it to your UT folder. Which file should you use? If you want to run in RAVE mode, rename "INF28.ini_R". If you want to run in Glide mode, rename "INF28.ini_G". If you want to run in Software mode for some unbeknowst reason, rename "INF28.ini_S".
8. Unzip the file "Mac Launcher.zip". It should produce a small application file named "Infiltration". Move this to your UT folder.
9. To run infiltration, double-click on the "Infiltration" icon. Note: If the largest free bock listed in the "About This Computer..." window is smaller than the <EM>preferred memory size</EM> given to your UT application, the launcher will fail and exit with a beep.

Additional Notes:
You may have to allocate more memory to your UT application for Infiltration to run properly. I know that Virtual Memory really sucks, but it might be necessary to get Inf to run at all under UT.

Good luck!

-Sheep

<TT>&nbsp;0x01F&nbsp;&nbsp;Begin&nbsp;<EM>sheepsig();</EM></TT>
<DIV ALIGN="CENTER">
esheepsig.gif
</DIV>
<TT>0x026&nbsp;&nbsp;End&nbsp;<EM>sheepsig();</EM></TT>

BA Baracus

I pity the fool!
Oct 17, 2000
texas
www.giantsofscience.org
what he said...

but, many people(myself included) experience file corruption when unzipping the mac installer using stuffit, i would recomend using zipit to uncompress this file.

also, you will almost assuredly need to increase UT's memory requirement, on my system all of the maps would crash with out of memory errors untill i increased it's alotment to 160~170MB.

t_cereal.jpg

i pity the fool who don't eat my cereal!