INF community is better than CS's

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

|mX|Alphax

Dec 28, 2000
Omg, I have been reading posts and threads here and have noticed that you guys for the most part get along. I am a moderator on the CS forums and compared to your forums, ours suck. :(

Keep up the good work. :D

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
Hey, I hear that. I used to be a regular over on the Counter-Strike forums, but eventually had to leave due to all the flaming, trolling, and general asshole-ing. The Infiltration forums are something I've always been proud of. Here, it's actually possible to hold intellegent conversations about relevant topics without being flamed to hell and back for no apparent reason. We've had some great discussions about things like religion, space travel, colonization of other planets, past wars, current events, etc. Occassionally, a newbie will appear (ussually fresh off of the Counter-Strike forums) with a bad attitude or a general lack of intellegence, but Gryphon or ShakKen ussually put them in their place in no time at all.

-Keiichi

Sig01.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/morisato_81/

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
"oeuf corse"

We are all cheerleader of the INF team ;)

Most people here love INF and see in the game, the dream they are waiting for a long time.

Because INF is unique. No other game will be more realist!

sniper.gif

{Just REALITY. Other things are unnecessary}

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Don't worry AlphaX, JonnyBoy is doing what he can to equalize the communities :(

<center>
ZundSig4.gif
</center>

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
Always nice to see new faces...

It wasn't just the radio thing (I hope). Apprently JB was copping flames from a couple of CS players who were playing on their hacked INF online server. Twas a mistake, nothing more.

Anyways, welcome aboard...have you played the latest INF yet? It's lacking online support, but it's a reasonably good indicator of what it's going to be like...sorta. Being a long term CS player your opinion would be most welcome.

sig.gif

Groove is in the heart...fool

|mX|Alphax

Dec 28, 2000
I know all about INF and play a lot with the bots. It's a great game, and I hope it will develope into a work of art.

|mX|Alphax

Dec 28, 2000
What I hate about CS is that the gun animations (reloading, cocking, fireing) are really crappy. INF is god when it comes to guns.

Lets just hope my 56k can handle INF when it goes on-line. :(

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
Should do...

I get a pretty standard 350-400 ping with a cable modem (It's a geography thing), and it plays quite well. Anyways, like I said, welcome aboard...uh..the board.

sig.gif

Groove is in the heart...fool

CS is great! in a John Woo sortta way :) great action, not all keen on realism. good for them :)

INF is great for the hardcore realism, and heat of the battle kinna action. good for them too :)

and about the CS fourm, yeah. I was a regualr ALONG time ago. all boards get that way eventauly ^_^

if INF gets pop, expect it to happen here too.

"1st post! w00t!"

<A HREF="http://phatcat.animedominion.com" TARGET=_blank>
phat-11.jpg

</A>
newbie.jpg

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
i think compairing inf to cs is more the difference tween a game like jetfighter and a game like falcon 4.0 both are good in their repsected areas but they aren't very similiar past both being flight sims. likewise i think inf tends to draw a different crowd than cs and that's why there is a bit of a mautrity difference tween cs and inf.

firetatanka.jpg

FEAR!
http://www.geocities.com/lord_bunker/

Eyes-Only

Feb 1, 2001
INF

I think at the present INF has a different kind of community. It attracts a different kind of player. I play CS and have noticed many are indeed immature but that is to be said about any game that is as popular as CS. I am sure if....no when INF becomes popular there will be the same type of immature people around but I dont think it will be as bad as CS simply because of the "true" realism that you find within INF. In CS you can VERY easily run around and kill everyone in the map alone due to the way the game is. In INF stealth, positioning and teamwork is key more then CS. I also believe it will take more patience in INF to play and that turns many immature people off. Just my two cents worth.

Eyes-Only :D

Eyes-Only

Digi_PDX

Jan 28, 2001

The CS community used to be like the INF community. Being that INF has less then 10% of the following CS has it is a safe bet that if 2.85 blows up and is half as popular with the general masses we will soon have the same problems. :(

That is the thing that is great for us... we have had an underground following so to speak as it get's more popular and more accessible the lammahs will come. That sux for us.. but is good for the INF team and the INF project.. Let's face it more exposure opens more doors.

------------------

sk_logo_edge_a.gif

Dupre

Code Pimp
May 8, 2000
www.geocities.com
I doubt it. A lot of hardcore CS players can't adjust to having no crosshairs. For those that do crossover or are just an avid gamer that play both like myself, welcome.

action quake used to be the only mod of its kind...

look what it became and who took its fourm community over

Counter-Strike used to be a the only mod of its kind...

look what it became and who took its fourm community over

if INF gets popular, it will bring those 14 and 15 year old ass holes who think games are more important than life.

<A HREF="http://phatcat.animedominion.com" TARGET=_blank>
phat-11.jpg

</A>
newbie.jpg