Going CS

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
heh ^_^

I doubt that!
the box set thing was a promotion by Valve. they support the mod community and decided to give its flag ship a wish that pertty much all mod makers kinna work for. "selling your mod"

<A HREF="http://phatcat.animedominion.com" TARGET=_blank>
phat-11.jpg

</A>
newbie.jpg

Galaddin

Forum Drifter
Mar 15, 2000
Malaysia
Visit site
Why would anyone buy CS?
You can download it for free with the original names of the weapons and nobody really plays the new maps.
Hope Inf doesn't go retail all the same. :p

Service with a smile :D

Nikoomba

Feb 6, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
I'd buy a copy for sure. Its the best way to show your support, and lets face it, this is the best bunch of guys your likely to come across. Hopefully itdoesn't go retail though, just as a matter of principal, stay true. "Doing it for the masses".

From God, to Kane, to Seth.
www.snowmansland.cjb.net

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
ok, coffycan want's prostetutes.

anyway, there were a few that bought cs because they thought they had to. but i think mostly it's aimed at people who never bought half-life to begin with. i think though most of those people (myself included) figure if they haven't bought it already they don't plan to anytime soon. unless of course i came across half life for $10. it's hard to pass up a cheap peice of software.

firetatanka.jpg

FEAR!
http://www.geocities.com/lord_bunker/

sdOK

Adept
Oct 12, 2000
Its a difficult step as you can see with the SF move. It will alienate many peep who want it free.
But I must admit for a game as well crafted as INF I would definately pay money for it.
Dunno how they would make that step and keep it all viable but they should deffo consider it.

I mean i payed money for Delta force 3 and all i could think of while playing it (for the brief time i did) was how can they make such an obviously inferior game with the funding and support they have compared to the INF team?
I suspect with a budget on that scale and full marketing support the INF team would make an absolutely world shattering game.
Although there again then they would be under pressure from deadlines etc..
Oh well its free now an we all love it. If you believe in Karma the INF team must be rolling in the stuff now. :D

<p align="center"><object>
<param name=movie value="http://www.stella-g.co.uk/sdoksig.swf">
<param name=quality value=high>
<embed src="http://www.stella-g.co.uk/sdoksig.swf" quality=high type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="375" height="176">
</embed>
</object></p>

dunstin

Dec 4, 2000
well i LOVE this mod, its the best mod ive seen for any game! BUT i will never buy something i can get for free (...warez)

say.gif

Nikoomba

Feb 6, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
I think that Warren and the rest of the Inf team are doing a fantastic job, and if they think they deserve to get paid for it, and have the chance, they should take it. But as said earlier, I doubt they would because unlike many software teams, they're doing it for us, the players, not for carreers. As far as I understand it anyway...

From God, to Kane, to Seth.
www.snowmansland.cjb.net

Gullonefox

TBUILDT Webmaster/Mapper
Nov 27, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
YOUR DAMN RIGHT I WOULD BY INF!
Thease guys work round the clock to bring us somthing for nothing! I would love to show my support by picking up a loverly box off the shelf
and taking it to the counter! and say i would be able to download this for free.. BUT! Buying this makes all the guys at the INF team able to start a company with the help from theyer piggy bank to :) And we might have INF 2 the One player multi player super dooper shooter!

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Mayhem wrote :
epic already pays them[/quote]
unless the infiltration-team themselves tell us they get money from Epic, I will not believe it.

Sounds like a rumour you picked up from the little child called 'Optimizer' (from the Strikeforce-mod).

Threaders

May 30, 2000
JaFO

Quote:
unless the infiltration-team themselves tell us they get money from Epic, I will not believe it.

Look here:
Maxx3D's Amazing Models

June 24th 2000
#1 I had to quit working with the Strike Force team for financial reasons (no funding :( ugh! ).

#2 I am currently working on Infiltration, the #2 Rated Unreal Tournament Mod! This is a Big Step Up from Strike Force as Infiltration has had playable versions of the mod since Unreal was popular. There is also a very good playable version of Infiltration available now for Unreal Tournament! The Infiltration Team is a great group of guys. They are very well organized, and dedicated. It is an honor and a pleasure to work with them all! The best thing is: IM FINALLY GETTING PAID FOR MY WORK!!!

And thats great news since Maxx is such a top guy