16 bots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nikoomba

Feb 6, 2001
Melbourne, Australia
Is there a way, or will there ever be a way to play with more then 16 bots? Why is this limited, why can't people with good systems put in 24 bots if they like?

"The object of war is not to give your life for your country, it's to make the other bastard give his!" - General George S. Patton
www.snowmansland.cjb.net

Dec 18, 2000
home.hot.rr.com
Bring up the console and type addbots X with x being the number you want to add.

lust4.jpg

Seven Sin<---Click me damnit!

[121st]Burton

full-auto SIG abuser
Feb 7, 2000
You can also download a little mutator called TemSize. But you have to configure it in UT. With this you can have 4 Teams with each 32 people.

seal.jpg

Party's over ! *grin*

Wikkan

Dickhead Fulfilled!
Feb 15, 2001
Maybe because theres only 16 different multiplayer bot AI's? And adding more will just mean more retarded bots that act like each other. I try to configure them to be pretty random in their attacks.

Antedeluge

I survived the flood of 2000 B.C.
Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
They also do it to cater to lesser systems. I was rather annoyed at the resoluion limit of 1280x1024, but fortunately I discovered the "SETRES" command that lets me take it up higher. :D If you have a beefy system and want higher res, the syntax is: SETRES WxHxD. e.g. SETRES 1600x1200x32

If it's stupid, but works, it isn't stupid.

miscreant

Jan 29, 2001
addbots..

If you press your console/quick console key and type:
addbots 16
It will add another 16 bots (you can change this to any number you like)

I expect the reason is because most maps dont have enough start points and people get telefragged at the beginning, and because when UT came out most people wouldn't have a system which could handle > 16.

EDIT: oops.. didnt see someone had already posted this.