PDA

View Full Version : #MAC PROBLEM!!!! CANT INFILTRATION USE RAVE!?!#

joge69
27th Oct 2000, 11:33 AM
I dont understand what the hell is wrong with my Infiltration, I cant change the rendering to RAVE.
It just automatically puts it to 3dfx. When I simply try to change the rendering it says i have to restart UT. I do that but it only changes the rendering for UT, not for Inf.
What the hell should I do?!?

[This message was edited by Larry Finkelstein on Oct 27, 2000 at 13:00.]

[This message was edited by Larry Finkelstein on Oct 27, 2000 at 13:10.]

Dragon
27th Oct 2000, 12:41 PM
Well you can do one of two things....

Download the Mac Launcher and grab the right ini file from it (INF28.ini_R rename it INF28.ini and drop in UT game folder)

Or if your feeling brave...

Open you INF28.ini file (Just double click on it) and look for a line about 18 that looks like this

GameRenderDevice=GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice

Change it to look like this..

GameRenderDevice=RaveDrv.RaveRenderDevice

Save and you are done /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<p style="line-height: 75%">DRAGON

INFILTRATION (http://www.planetunreal.com/infil tration)

Texture Artist</p>
<p style="line-height: 75%">DRAGON DESIGNS (http://www.dragondesigns.8m.com)</p>{

joge69
27th Oct 2000, 12:52 PM
I did exactly what you suggested, but nothing works! When I change the RenderDevice thing to RAVE, it doesnt even start!!

I tried restarting the computer and now Infiltration works again but still uses 3dfx even though I changed the RenderDevice thing!!!

Do you have any other suggestions?!?

or doesnt Infiltration work with RAVE? I really liked Inf 2.75 and Im really pissed of about this!

[This message was edited by Larry Finkelstein on Oct 27, 2000 at 14:02.]

[This message was edited by Larry Finkelstein on Nov 02, 2000 at 10:48.]

rjones
29th Oct 2000, 12:14 PM
I just sent you my INF28.ini file (via Email) try putting that in your unreal folder i have had no problem using Rave for INF (i am a mac user as well)
also check if your all your ATI Extensions are on. finally when the game comes up go to the console and type "STAT HARDWARE" it should be RAVE

I'd Rather Kill a Cow
Than Save a Tree

[This message was edited by BPole on Oct 29, 2000 at 13:23.]

joge69
2nd Nov 2000, 09:52 AM
Thanks for your help, but, it still doesnt work!!
I changed my ini.file and did everything possible but it wont work with RAVE!
Im really disappointed because I waited so long for Inf 2.8 and now its virtually unplayable!!