PDA

View Full Version : fire fights

Soul_hacker
1st May 2000, 03:18 PM
ok i havent got the fastest comp and all that but when i get into a fight everything freezes and then im ded /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

is it just my comp ore is there something i can do about it

Beppo
1st May 2000, 05:38 PM
if your comp isn't the "fastest"... turn down the details until the game is playable for ya.
In addition turn off the drop ammo, drop weapons feature. Drop ammo needs much much resources, cause normally multiple objects are spawned within a second and this slows down the fastest comps also. Drop Weapons is not such a resource killer, cause just a handful of objects are spawned at the same time.

Hope that helps /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

Beppo
Lead-Programmer of The Infiltration Team

Dracil
5th May 2000, 03:57 AM
Are you using 2.75? That freezing means you already ARE dead. It's just that there's something in the code that's making it take a while before the falling down sequence.

Beppo
5th May 2000, 07:17 AM
yes, that's true, spawning of the drop ammo and weapons needs some time.

hunchback
5th May 2000, 10:01 PM
With all due respect, are you sure that the spawning is the cause of the freeze? First of all, at least on my computer, the freeze is there regardless of whether I have "drop ammo/weapons" enabled or not. Also, it's only there when I'm the one who's getting killed; not when I kill someone else and they drop a bunch of items.