PDA

View Full Version : Strange skin problem

NutBar-SOB
11th May 2000, 08:12 PM
Sometimes when I leave an INF game and join a regular CTF game I enter wearing an ugly grey skin. I look at my playersetup and it shows a normal red or blue skinned model but in the game I'm grey. If I change color or model and reconnect to the server the problem goes away.

I installed 413 at the same time I installed CTF so I'm not entirely sure which is causing this problem.

The 418 patch is supposed to fix a loophole that allowed some unscrupulous players to use off colored skins in team games. Maybe my problem will take care of itself in 418.

NutBar-SOB
17th May 2000, 11:00 AM
I'm seeing this happen a lot know. Many SOBs play both INF and CTF. When they jump into a CTF game their skin is grey and they don't know it.

Beppo
17th May 2000, 05:12 PM
If playing an Infiltration game, you 'normally' select the Infiltration skins. So, these are special skins, only supported by special player classes used by Infiltration. So, select a 'standard' UT player like the Male Commando not the Male INF Commando and select a standard skin for it. Then all should work normal again.

Lead-Programmer of the Infiltration (http://www.planetunreal.com/Infiltration) Team

NutBar-SOB
19th May 2000, 09:03 AM
It happenes when I play CTF with a bonus pack model, then play INF, then go back to CTF without doing anything manually to my model. I look at player setup and it shows a standard male commando wearing the proper colored skin but using the bonus pack model's voice. In game I am a splotchy grey color. only way to fix it is to change to another model and re-enter the server.

Nightpaw
26th May 2000, 03:18 PM
Had a similar problem until I found out that upgrading to a higher version of UT after the installation of the bonus pack kills the "ServerPackages" entries in the unrealtournament.ini file the bonus pack makes for the new skins. I solved the problem by uninstalling and then reinstalling the bonus pack after my latest UT-upgrade. It worked and I got rid of the ugly green skins.

"He jests at scars, that never felt a wound."

NutBar-SOB
26th May 2000, 05:46 PM
Sounds good. How do you uninstall the bonus pack?

Nightpaw
26th May 2000, 06:19 PM
Put CD in. Wait for UT Menu to pop up. Chose "Uninstall". Mark the checkbox next to "Bonus Pack".

"He jests at scars, that never felt a wound."