PDA

View Full Version : locking up

unrealer3
17th May 2000, 11:09 AM
i just downloaded online infiltration and tried to start up UT and when i press "esc" during the flying sequence it locks up. I know it isnt just the flying sequence cause i went to my unrealtouanament/maps folder and clicked on one of the maps. the level starts up find but then i press "esc" to get to the main menu it lockes up again. anyone know what is wrong??
unrealer3[/LIST]

Beppo
17th May 2000, 05:15 PM
does it lock up or crash ?
Please open up your UT\system folder. There you can find a file called UnrealTounament.log
start UT, wait for the crash, and send me this log file, if its bigger then 0 kb.
I will then look into it.

send it to my e-mail adr that you can find by clicking on the email logo at the bottom of this post.

Lead-Programmer of the Infiltration (http://www.planetunreal.com/Infiltration) Team

unrealer3
18th May 2000, 10:24 AM
/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif beppo, all it does is lock up. i can safley ctrl-alt-delete and quit. the computer then runs just fine. do you still want the unrealtouament.log? and do you just want what it says in the log or the actual file?
thanks
unrealer3

Beppo
18th May 2000, 11:03 AM
if its locking up, then I guess you have a D3D problem. My own machine locked up with the old D3Ddrv.DLL.... you can get other D3Ddrv.dlls on unreal.epicgames.com
or you have to wait for the next patch 419.... it will be available within a week or so.
Test them, if UT is the only game that locks up. Else you need some new drivers.
Your LOG file should be 0kb of size, cause it locks up and not crashs... if its bigger, then send it to my e-mail adr.

Lead-Programmer of the Infiltration (http://www.planetunreal.com/Infiltration) Team

Katton
27th May 2000, 10:08 PM
Hey beppo,
Im having a similar problem, except that during the game, my entire system freezes, and i have to reboot.
I do have large log files in my UT dir.
what can i do to fix the problem?

thx

Katton

"You can run, but you'll only die tired."