Unreal: Stuck in Sunspire Level.....help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FenderTX

Dec 6, 1999
Texas
Visit site
The original unreal was included with my internet gaming modem and I'm playing through it for the first time..and it's a whole lotta fun..anyone who enjoys UT should buy unreal if they haven't already

okay..but I'm stuck on the Sunspire level..to refresh your memory if it's been a long time since you played through unreal..it's the level with the stone tower that reaches high into the sky and is surrounded by lava at the bottom..anyway I've finally made it to the top of the tower but now what?..theres a lookout area with a sign that reads "Prepare to embark" when you read it with the translator..and around that area is a room with a crystal that rises up when you pull a lever..and the crystal shoots lightning out of the top of the tower..also the crystal is surrounded by bars blocking it...so i've tried pulling the lever and quickly running to the lookout point before the crystal goes back down but that doesn't do anything...i dunno i'm stuck..if anyone remembers how to get through that level, give me some help

Callisto

Adept
Jan 13, 2000
Pennsylvania
Visit site
Everyone that has played The Sunspire remembers it. Some hate it but others think it is one of the best. Me, I hate those creepy little bugs, A.K.A. - pupae.

To answer your question: Once you hit the lever at the purple crystal go outside near where it says "prepare to embark". There will be a lift that comes from the sky, it takes a while to get there so be patient. If you are using one of the newer patches the lever at the crystal can get stuck. If that is the case post back here and we will explain ways around it.

Good luck !!
/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

FenderTX

Dec 6, 1999
Texas
Visit site
thanks for the response..i started from an earlier save and this time the space ship came down...i dunno..

instead of editing the double post you can just delete it...after you click on edit theres a delete post check box at the upper left hand corner

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
I'm about to plug again, be warned...

If you get stuck again elsewhere, my website http://surf.to/scragsite carries detailed walkthroughs of the original Unreal game and some of the mission pack (the mission pack section is still under construction slowly - I am busy with other projects at present).

bullet2.gif

Hellscrag, Unreal single player nut :) . In deathmatch look for me as [SkW]Deathwish of UK clan SkaarjWarriors. Email me hellscrag@lineone.net.
Check my website http://surf.to/scragsite for Unreal Walkthroughs and other cool stuff or my clan site http://surf.to/skaarjwarriors for my UT designing projects

Status
Not open for further replies.