Map Mismatch Mayhem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Snirpfel

Dec 16, 2000
For some reason the copy of Extreme Prejudice that I got for my server last night gives people version mismatch errors from Realworld.u. What went wrong? Did I get the wrong map pack or what?

snirp3.gif

DredDamo

Nov 30, 2000
www.damodred.net
Run a find...

for all versions of RealWorld.u in your UT directory. You will probably have 2 of them - one in INF_System and the other in INF_MAPS, I think. Delete the one that is older (the most recent came with 2.85 and should be dated March 12, 2001). Your problems will vanish! :)

Damodred

---
www.damodred.net

P

Porter

What do you do when they are both dated March 12? Shouldn't you have one in the System file since that is where .u files go? Does having a RealWorld.u in the Maps folder cause problems?

P

Porter

"you install the 820 map pack, then the 825 map pack."

That's what I did, in that order on a clean install of UT. I have a RealWorld.u March 12 in INF_System and a RealWorld.u March 12 in INF_Maps. So this is correct?

Gener@l Motors

Oct 25, 2000
Frustration levels xremly high now

been there done that.

some servers i are accesible, but the bulk of them still gives gives package version mismatches

-fresh install then
-2.80 mappack
-deleted newest realworld.u (in the INF_maps)

:mad: