Windows 2000 and 2.85

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
C

Cholo_Grande

I know that there was a bug in 2.75 where a Windows 2000 server experienced alot of lag. I'm setting up a 2.85 server in the next day or so and want to run Windows 2000 as opposed to NT. Is the bug still a problem? If someone could let me know asap I would appreciate it. I want to get this thing going and need to know if I have to use NT4.0 or not.

wiseassbnty

Jack's smirking revenge
Dec 6, 2000
www.whatisthebinty.com
hey lemme know how it works, I havn't tried setting up a server as of yet, but I'm running win2k pro on dual Celeron 466s with 196 megs ram...Only planning on hostling like a small lan server and maybe some 6 player 'net games

page

Clan BiNTY UT:INF Style, All your base.
<a href="http://www.whatisthebinty.com" target="_blank">Visit Clan Binty!</a>

"A rifle is only a tool. It's a hard heart that kills. If your killer instincts are not clean and strong you will hesitate at the moment of truth. You will not kill. You will become dead Marines. And then you will be in a world of ****. Because Marines are not allowed to die without perm

C

Cholo_Grande

Well

I was informed that there is a real problem with UT and WIN2k as far as serving. I'm going with NT4.0. Linux would be a no-brainer except for the fact that i need to do some other functions that would I would have to learn how to do on Linux. Not a problem except for the fact that I'm going to be sticking this thing in a rack off of my location. And if I'm learning I like to have the box right next to me.

Nocke

Jun 13, 2000
The bug is still there, patch 2 might fix it.

But there is a quick fix that I use.
Set Initialconnecttimeout = 20

then its gone. It can occure for 20 secs in the start of a new map but thats no big problem.