PDA

View Full Version : suggestion for more realism

Jeevz
1st Mar 2000, 06:02 PM
Currently the default Mod sets the movement of your character slower then normal UT. I was thinking it might be nice to have movement be normal but when you use the aim feature for most weapons you then move slower. This can simulate "running" for cover as opposed to "taking your time" and aiming. What does everyone think?

Snakeye
1st Mar 2000, 07:06 PM
Kind a reminds me of Serpentine..
Would perhaps add realism, but still one is able to run with a rifle at his shulder - just acurracy would go to hell /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
I would prefer to retain the current system or only add this feature as Possibility(like explosive ammo)

Snakeye

------------------
anything you do can get you killed, including doing nothing

INF_Neo
1st Mar 2000, 08:10 PM
In the roadmap you'll find our (top secret) plans for the future

Sniper187
1st Mar 2000, 11:17 PM
i thought a good idea to add would be different ammo types for the guns, such as JHP (jacketed hollow point) and FMJ (full metal jacket) ammo. These could be more realistic, because if you are using FMJ ammo, you get more penetration than JHP ammo, however JHP ammo punches a larger hole in the target. Just thought i would say that. Thanx for the great mod, im really lookin forward to v3.0

INF_Neo
2nd Mar 2000, 10:20 AM
As I said, the roadmap blahblahblah!
We're working on that.

INF_Neo
2nd Mar 2000, 10:22 AM
I hope this in the radmap too.

Snakeye
2nd Mar 2000, 06:37 PM
Now I know how you got 1000 posts...

Snakeye /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

------------------

Snakeye
2nd Mar 2000, 07:23 PM
Well, couldn't find a word about different ammo types in the roadmap - but I'm not that concentrated anymore today..

Snakeye /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

------------------