PDA

View Full Version : Akimbo pistols when picking up second pistol!!!

404|sproket
8th Mar 2000, 03:20 AM
I know i can't be the first to ask for this one. I can't think of anything more fun that picking up that second pistol and being able to blaze away like in the matrix or any good john woo flick. This is just plain FUN!

If it's a fairness issue, having two at the same time could cut down on the accuracy. A player could choose wether they want akimbo or single mode using the weapon mode key.

Pleeeezzzzzeee!!! If infiltration had this feature i'd probably never play regular UT again!

Sylvester
8th Mar 2000, 05:24 AM
Nice guess...
you wheren't the first one...

Read the roadmap and previous posts!

Sylvester out...

INF_Neo
8th Mar 2000, 05:25 AM
Read the roadmap /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

Snakeye
8th Mar 2000, 10:13 AM
For anybody too busy to read the roadmap, here's the short version:

INF 3.0 will support dual weapons - just accuracy and reload time will go to hell; like most Joe Frags who're going to use it..

Snakeye /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

------------------
anything you do can get you killed, including doing nothing

Snakeye
8th Mar 2000, 04:50 PM
BTW:
What the hell stands akimbo for?

------------------

Billdog
9th Mar 2000, 02:08 AM
I guess it's Japanese or Chinese for "can't have them both in one hand". /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

thornz
9th Mar 2000, 02:12 AM
thats interesting, since I have no idea who in the hell came up with this word (akimbo, I mean)

anyway, I posted on this too!!!!!

& I still think 2 uzis would be useless!

404|sproket
10th Mar 2000, 03:08 PM
useless...but fun /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Snakeye
10th Mar 2000, 03:13 PM
Just fun until a bot kills ya with an M9 'cause ya missed him with two mags uzi ammo..

Does still no one know what 'akimbo' stands for?

------------------

Warren
10th Mar 2000, 05:50 PM
a-kim-bo (a-kim'-bo) adv. with a crook; bent. with arms akimbo, with hands on hips and elbows turned outward [M.E. in kenebow, into a crooked bend].

Websters Dictionary.

------------------
Warren
Project Coordinator
i n f i l t r a t i o n
http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration

Questions? Check out our Roadmap (http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration/roadmap.htm).
Then check out our FAQ (http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration/3.0/faq.htm).

thornz
10th Mar 2000, 08:18 PM
huh?

that makes NO sense...

Snakeye
11th Mar 2000, 09:27 AM
Thanks..I think..
Still I was less confused before knowing what akimbo stands for..

------------------

INF_Neo
11th Mar 2000, 02:31 PM
Akimbo : A man with Kim Basinger and Bo Derek.

-> With 2.

Snakeye
11th Mar 2000, 04:19 PM
Just pray your gun ain't that old..
..and that dumb..

------------------

INF_Neo
11th Mar 2000, 04:23 PM
true, true!!!!!!!!!!

DEFkon
11th Mar 2000, 05:12 PM
Akimbo idea.
will you only be able to go "akimbo" when holding 2 of the same weapons?

I think it'd be neat if you could mix'n match your guns. hehe..

say, in your right hand is the Desert Eagle, and in your left is the M9.. fire 1 does the eagle, and alt-fire does the M9. hehehe..
Load the DE with FMJ, and M9 with JHP's hehe... you got yourself a serious party mix. http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~unreal/modcentral/html/sarcblink.gif

Snakeye
11th Mar 2000, 05:57 PM
No there's something missing in the party mix..
The sniper that puts a 7.62 through your head while some other bot fills you with 10mm Auto bullets while some other bot tries to get his mag of 12 gauge into your belly within 4 secs.
All this while you desperately try to kill that lonely bot with the M9 five meters in front of you..
Did I ever mention I think this akimbo-thing is crap?(not that it shouldn't be implemented - would add much more ppl to kill easy..)

hehe

------------------

INF_Neo
11th Mar 2000, 06:16 PM
Yup, hitting is not easy if you've got only one target. But imagine the whole opposing team runs towards you...

Twinkacide
11th Mar 2000, 08:41 PM
Dunno about this- akimbo weapons are pure movie style, not at all fitting with the Infiltration theme. I'd leave them to Action UT, it just doesn't fit with the rest of the design of Inf.

Mr. T
12th Mar 2000, 02:50 AM
Ha! Imagine an entire team akimbo-ing toward you like raving lunatics while you systematically snipe each one of them right between the eyeballs. You shouldn't be able to akimbo the broad side of a barn. I would much rather use non-akimbo tactics. If akimbo had any usefulness, the marines would run around using akimbo assault rifles. AKIMBO AKIMBO AKIMBO I hate that word.

------------------
Marines!!! We are leaving!!!!

DEFkon
13th Mar 2000, 04:07 PM
hehehe
I totally agree, there shouldn't be any akimbo of weapons that would require two hands to hold correctly, but for pistols in extreemly CQB, i could buy it.

All the akimbo bashers think that all they're going to see is a bunch of people running around with two pistols, even though there are mp5's and m16's laying all around.

I certainly hope not. I don't think any game player would rather use dual pistols, than a SMG, or AS-R..

But if for some reason all it came down to was 1 pistol or two, (possibly respawning, and picking up my old pistol) I might choose the increased rate of fire over accuaracy if the ranges were small enough, like say in a house, or an office building setting.

Besides, buy adding akimbo pistols the team won't have to listen to people asking for them, and people that don't can just uncheck it in the config.

[This message has been edited by DEFkon (edited 03-13-2000).]

Jarhead
13th Mar 2000, 10:35 PM
you know something, i think akimbo weapons could be a whole ****load of fun...i mean, i dont think any of the high power (therefor high recoil) weapons should be allowed to go akimbo, but for sure double pistols and some smgs. with the smgs at least i think that there shouldnt be a aimed fire mode even, it just shouldnt be an option, i mean who could be able to sight two weapons at the same time? so that would help making it balanced, and for sure the accuracy should deteriorate very, VERY quickly until you are shooting 7-8 feet groups at 10 ft range /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. i know that i wouldnt be using them very much at all, but it would still be a blast... for the pistols at least i think it should for sure be an option. hehehe, and one other thing that just occured to me, if y'all wanted to look like the venerable mr. woo, they could put in a animation of someone diving whenever you lunge...that would be awesome! anyway, i say go for it, but not with the medium to big guns for sure, and then again, i say do it, but i am unable to do it myself...

------------------
If you run you'll just die tired.

14th Mar 2000, 03:29 PM
My recommendation to the Inf team is as follows:

Include the dual weapons feature (I refuse to use the "A" word) as standard in all games, with the option to disable it. Those that WANT to use dual weapons will have the choice of outfitting themselves accordingly, or picking up an extra pistol in the field. Those that don't want to don't need to. This will be for PISTOLS ONLY, no SMG's and certainly no rifles or MG's. Accuracy will be cut in half for regular fire, and go to hell with rapid fire a la dual Enforcers (no aiming with dual pistols).

Reason for not excluding it completely is that it's been promised all this time, and removing it now would bring about endless complaints from those that wanted it. It IS a realistic tactic, albeit not an effective one. One important thing to remember is that Infiltration is not necessarily Rainbow Six based on the UT engine; I would hate to have to play every game as a tactical operator without the ability to have an actual "battlefield", where you CAN run around and blaze away ammo. Without such games there's no point for weapons like the M249. We need to have certain "fun" elements so as not to dissuade hardcore UT players from checking us out.

I think DEFkon is 100% correct, you will NOT see everyone running around with a pair of Desert Eagles popping heads off with a short burst. If you do, drop them with a barrage of M855. If you are hosting a server and you don't want anyone to use dual weapons, turn the option off. If you are playing a game and you don't want to use dual weapons, don't pick one up.

------------------
Gryphon/JTF2
Infiltration Firearms QA Consultant

=JTF2= Infiltration Server Info (http://members.home.net/freedomstoystore)

Include the dual weapons feature (I refuse to use the "A" word) as standard in all games, with the option to disable it. Those that WANT to use dual weapons will have the choice of outfitting themselves accordingly, or picking up an extra pistol in the field. Those that don't want to don't need to. This will be for PISTOLS ONLY, no SMG's and certainly no rifles or MG's. Accuracy will be cut in half for regular fire, and go to hell with rapid fire a la dual Enforcers (no aiming with dual pistols).

Reason for not excluding it completely is that it's been promised all this time, and removing it now would bring about endless complaints from those that wanted it. It IS a realistic tactic, albeit not an effective one. One important thing to remember is that Infiltration is not necessarily Rainbow Six based on the UT engine; I would hate to have to play every game as a tactical operator without the ability to have an actual "battlefield", where you CAN run around and blaze away ammo. Without such games there's no point for weapons like the M249. We need to have certain "fun" elements so as not to dissuade hardcore UT players from checking us out.

I think DEFkon is 100% correct, you will NOT see everyone running around with a pair of Desert Eagles popping heads off with a short burst. If you do, drop them with a barrage of M855. If you are hosting a server and you don't want anyone to use dual weapons, turn the option off. If you are playing a game and you don't want to use dual weapons, don't pick one up.

------------------
Gryphon/JTF2

------------------
Gryphon/JTF2