Possibility?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

elminster

Mar 7, 2000
Frenchburg, KY, USA
Visit site
I know new weapons ideas are generally disregarded, but I want to throw this out in the hopes that it may be used in the future. I like the MP5, but it's getting a little old. How about an MP10 with the integral silencer. As far as squad weapons, I'd like to see an M60 in the future. I was trained on a 60 and love it.

Thanks,

Elminster

G

Please explain what an "MP10 with an integral silencer" is. As for the M60, we already have a GPMG selected for a future version.

------------------
Gryphon/JTF2
Infiltration Firearms QA Consultant

=JTF2= Infiltration Server Info

G

Please explain what an "MP10 with an integral silencer" is. As for the M60, we already have a GPMG selected for a future version.

------------------
Gryphon/JTF2

G

------------------
Gryphon/JTF2

Warren

Infiltration Project Coordinator
Nov 24, 1999
Portland, OR
www.sentrystudios.com
We have the MP5/10A3 which uses the 10mm round. We will however probably switch to the MP5/40 since the weapon was originally designed because it was used more by Law Enforcement types and they have since switched to the .40 S&W. The models of the two MP5 variants are virtually the same so it'd be nothing more than a name change.

------------------
Warren
Project Coordinator
i n f i l t r a t i o n
http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration

Questions? Check out our Roadmap.
Then check out our FAQ.

G

elminster, sorry but there is no such thing as an MP10. As Warren mentioned, the correct designation for such a firearm is MP5/10A3. Not only have law enforcement agencies opted for .40 S&W over 10mm Auto, HK has discontinued manufacturing the MP5/10 altogether.

Military and special operations teams do not use any 10mm weapon that I know of. Main reason for this is compatibility with foreign ammunition and logistics. Standard in specops circles are the 9mm line of MP5's, including the SD suppressed models.

------------------
Gryphon/JTF2

G

elminster, sorry but there is no such thing as an MP10. As Warren mentioned, the correct designation for such a firearm is MP5/10A3. Not only have law enforcement agencies opted for .40 S&W over 10mm Auto, HK has discontinued manufacturing the MP5/10 altogether.

Military and special operations teams do not use any 10mm weapon that I know of. Main reason for this is compatibility with foreign ammunition and logistics. Standard in specops circles are the 9mm line of MP5's, including the SD suppressed models.

------------------
Gryphon/JTF2

G

------------------
Gryphon/JTF2

elminster

Mar 7, 2000
Frenchburg, KY, USA
Visit site
Ok, I may have been mistaken about what I read. I tended to pull long nights at CQ and read a lot of stuff. Some of it very likely got scrambled. Anyway, this is the only mod that I have actually kept after downloading besides the Relics from Epic. Keep up the good work guys.

Elminster

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
Well, if he would have hired Gryphon as his firearms QA consultant, he would have gotten it right, and saved us all a lot of unnecessary confusion.

BTW Gryphon, if you read this, and this is hypothetically speaking of course - If a new weapon was ever going to be added to INF, what would you suggest and why? Just curious, since I don't know JACK about weaponry. Except that with computerized virtual weapons, bullets fly out of them when I press my left mouse button.

Soldier

Mar 15, 2000
Visit site
He must be talking about the ballistic sub machine gun its based on the style of a MP5 but it has three separate clips attached together a foot away from each other and it has a built in silencer and a infared scope.

------------------
*knock* *knock* whose there. The police open up. Be right there, hey your not cops!!!! *BANG* *BANG* *BANG*

[This message has been edited by Soldier (edited 03-16-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Soldier (edited 03-16-2000).]