Just an idea

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
G

I dont think people are against CS..read the posts here:
http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~unreal/modcentral/html/Forum19/HTML/000136.html

and here:
http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~unreal/modcentral/html/Forum19/HTML/000154.html

and directly from my other post: "I too play CS every now and again, and overall CS people have a big dislike for anything that is not CS, go online and ask people about INF while playing CS, Im pretty sure youll get a nasty response, I know I have. CS is fine, CS is fun, I dont need to badmouth it. But understand that INF does not want to be like CS. Understand that CS is not he be-all-end-all in games, and yes, some people might actually want to make a different game that differs from the current ones out there. Take stock in the fact that INF has been around longer, that INF has its own set of ideas, and that there is a huge amount of real life experience with weapons on the team. It is its own game, there already is a CS, and if you dont like INF, then you should go play what you like, becuase INF already has a foundation and wont be changing. Wait for the new verions to come out and give it a try before you say it needs to be like xgame/mod or whatever.

I dont condone or think its ok to call people names because they voice their opinions. To moralize a bit now, my general problem is respect. Having been on may different boards, games, etc, people say things 'virtually' that would get their teeth kicked in if they were to say it to someones face in the real world. Its real easy to look like a tough guy online, and just as easy to look like an asshole. But when you get right down to it, guess what? They are all talk."

And finally, if someone were to post on the CS board about INF, tell me, how do you think that community would react? I do not want the INF community having some of the problems that have been present on the CS board, so I ask that we be open to both games and understand the differences presented by both, and leave it at that.
C"Think outside of the box"C

------------------
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

G

I dont think people are against CS..read the posts here:
http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~unreal/modcentral/html/Forum19/HTML/000136.html

and here:
http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~unreal/modcentral/html/Forum19/HTML/000154.html

and directly from my other post: "I too play CS every now and again, and overall CS people have a big dislike for anything that is not CS, go online and ask people about INF while playing CS, Im pretty sure youll get a nasty response, I know I have. CS is fine, CS is fun, I dont need to badmouth it. But understand that INF does not want to be like CS. Understand that CS is not he be-all-end-all in games, and yes, some people might actually want to make a different game that differs from the current ones out there. Take stock in the fact that INF has been around longer, that INF has its own set of ideas, and that there is a huge amount of real life experience with weapons on the team. It is its own game, there already is a CS, and if you dont like INF, then you should go play what you like, becuase INF already has a foundation and wont be changing. Wait for the new verions to come out and give it a try before you say it needs to be like xgame/mod or whatever.

I dont condone or think its ok to call people names because they voice their opinions. To moralize a bit now, my general problem is respect. Having been on may different boards, games, etc, people say things 'virtually' that would get their teeth kicked in if they were to say it to someones face in the real world. Its real easy to look like a tough guy online, and just as easy to look like an asshole. But when you get right down to it, guess what? They are all talk."

And finally, if someone were to post on the CS board about INF, tell me, how do you think that community would react? I do not want the INF community having some of the problems that have been present on the CS board, so I ask that we be open to both games and understand the differences presented by both, and leave it at that.
C"Think outside of the box"C

------------------
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
I have nothing against CS. I like it. It's fun. Not sure if that's everyone opinion, but INF is going in a totally different direction, and I think others have been getting annoyed by posts asking for INF to be a CS type mod. Especially when it's made perfectly clear as to the type of mod INF is trying to become in the roadmap. INF is a fun mod, and in my mind, there is every indication that it will become even better.

Twinkacide

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
I love CS, I play it very often. However, the Inf team has laid out the plans for their mod in the Roadmap. It's obvious there's a LOT of work to be done here. I wouldn't suggest "Hey, why don't you try to do what these guys did" when they already have a plan.

Edit: One more thing. What really annoys me is the mentality that "The mod we play kicks ass, all others should be more like it!". While there are people like this in every mod community, the impression I get is that the CS communiy has a HUGE concentration of them. I guess it's not the mod I don't like, it's the people. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Twinkacide (edited 03-19-2000).]

Mr. T

Feb 20, 2000
Visit site
That has to do with the fact that there are just a hell of a lot of people in the CS community. Hence a higher concentration of that type. I know there are a lot of pretty cool people too. But the type you describe are immature and obnoxious in nature, and tend to make their opinions heard more often in the forums and in games which is too bad.

I'm immature too, but in a good way. /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

Tr00p3r

Mar 19, 2000
d
Visit site
Ok, look people, i`ve never said anything about disliking INF, i play it a lot, i think it`s a great mod, of course i have things i`d do differently, but then again, EVERYONE does. I don`t care how old it is compared to CS, it`s a different game, i don`t want it to be anything lik eit, but it`s just the attitude here seems totally anti-CS.

That`s all i`m saying, i`f i`m wrong then i apologise.