PDA

View Full Version : Kevlar Helmet?

Stuka
21st Mar 2000, 05:59 PM
Hey, I have gone through Marine Corps Boot Camp, so I know alot about war games and so forth. (since we do ALOT of training for it) Anyways, why isnt there a kevlar helmet? This is standard, we are never allowed to take that thing off. I know several marines who have gotten there life saved by that thing, from both the Gulf War, and Vietnam. So please trust me on this one, WE NEED A HELMET!

Stuka
21st Mar 2000, 06:16 PM
Oh ya, would it be possible to attach the K-BAR to the M16A2, or the M4A1? And then use it s a stabing weapon also? This would work great in close quarters...say in a building. But I am unsure as to if we will be able to add or remove accesories. I here alot of talk about it, but no set "yes we wil" or "now we wont", could you possibly clearify this? Thanx.

Smashedmuffin
21st Mar 2000, 06:29 PM
Great idea, it would look really cool if a helmet could get included. It could give a small armor bonus like 25 and a small percentage to headshots. Or something /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Well about the kevlar helmet in Boot camps; trust me it's a good safety precasuion! Especially in the Marines, doesn't matter if it is the American marines or swedish marines it's imperative to keep your helmet on in exercises. We had an accident at the shooting range a few months ago. My friends weapon got jammed and when he checked it he angled the weapon too much to the ground and accidently pressed the trigger and the gun burst richtoched at a rock and hit him a inch or two above the forehead... the helmet came trough!

Mr. T
21st Mar 2000, 07:24 PM
YES, all sorts of interesting accessories. Read the roadmap for more info.

DeadeyeDan[ToA]
21st Mar 2000, 11:10 PM
OH! If you do this, please do NOT have it cover the entire head, like CS... you gotta give those guys with .45's and 9mm's a chance to aim below it.

Mr. T
21st Mar 2000, 11:52 PM
Well, I'd think it should cover as much of the head as a real helmet would, no more no less.

DeadeyeDan[ToA]
22nd Mar 2000, 02:09 AM
Yes, that's what I meant... in CS you can shoot a guy in the chin and his helmet protects him.

I had just gotten into a game of CS (so only my trusty .45), and I snuck up on a tango and capped him right in the brain base (where head and neck meet), but he didn't die... then I shot him twice in the back of the neck and he *finally* died.

. (

FabulousRex
22nd Mar 2000, 02:24 AM
Yeah, well, CS can go blow goats for all I care.

The helmet *does* need to be included, 'cause it's just to standard a thing in modern warfare. Perhaps if time allows, they could code it to where the armor you have on ONLY protects the areas shown on your HUD. Chest and Head shots would only wear-down flak jackets and kevlar helmets. Arm and leg shots would not have the same damage capability, but perhaps after a few shots to the legs, you would go lame. Or a few to the arms and your accuracy goes to hell. Can't have one to the arm or leg, that's restrictive on gameplay.

------------------
If ignorance is bliss, why are'nt more people happy?

Warren
22nd Mar 2000, 04:01 AM
no worries folks, the kevlar helmet is standard issue with the soldier model. In other words, it's not an option, it's like permanent 'n stuff. When the texture is finished, we'll be showing it off completely!

At this time, the Ka Bar won't be an attachment for the M16/M4 series. Possibly after 3.0- I know it's a realistic feature, but sometimes you gotta just draw the line on content, or we'll be pushing next Fall for a release date o_0

------------------
Warren
Project Coordinator
i n f i l t r a t i o n
http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration

Questions? Are you a FNG? Check out our Roadmap (http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration/roadmap.htm).
Then check out our FAQ (http://www.planetunreal.com/infiltration/3.0/faq.htm).