PDA

View Full Version : Getting heavily equipped and moving...

Ephexis
26th Mar 2000, 07:49 PM
What about some sort of Jeeps and even tanks
which could be driven by one guy whilst his compadre is shooting the HMG out of ammo?
Although it might result in either a massive
slowdown (only mentioning these tanks I downloaded from SOMEWHERE, ;-) )
or a completely rewritten MOD, it would be worth a try , wouldn't it?
I mean we've got these automags and userfriendly turrets...
--Ephexis--

Waxx
26th Mar 2000, 09:04 PM
You are absolutely right, it would require a new mod, and that mod is under construction as we speak. It is called Capture the Car, and I suggest you all check it out, as it is pretty neat.

Corin
27th Mar 2000, 12:28 AM
Or you could check out a game in development by Bungie. It's called Halo and it looks like its gonna be frickin awesome. It will be alot diff than Inf though, for starters it's a 3rd person perspective and, well, you fight aliens /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif The cool part is that it does not rely on maps, it is a complete world.

Loki
27th Mar 2000, 12:43 AM
Bungie Rocks!!
And HALO http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~unreal/modcentral/html/sarcblink.gif ~~~~
its the second thing im waiting for the most!
(INF 3.0 being first)

Bad.Mojo
27th Mar 2000, 01:17 AM
Really time rendering. Yep, HALO's something special. Myth and Myth ][ were pretty damn popular, too. Man, anybody remember Marathon? Yiah, so it's o/t, but hey. Yiah, a jeep/tank or other vehicles would be pretty code intense. Besides, its not such a hot idea. I'd rather have just foot soldiers tramping around than jumping into a car and driving off.

Mr. T
27th Mar 2000, 01:20 AM
I remember Catalyst saying something about the physics getting all screwed up with moving vehicles. Sounds like a pain in the ass to me.

And yes, Halo looks interesting.