PDA

View Full Version : Fixed FOV

Bad.Mojo
29th Mar 2000, 05:24 AM
Since I could zoom with any weapon and/or increase the zoom on my Robar/PSG-1 by tightening the FOV, will the FOV be a disabled command and at a fixed rate of 90 degrees normal zoom, and thus decreasing for every zoom increment on the sniper rifles? And if so, will it be 2.7x, 2.8, 3.0, or 3+?

-Lost-
29th Mar 2000, 01:36 PM
ut comes with a server option to disable the fov, but since i don't run a server i never tried it /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif would this disable the scopes also though? don't they zoom by changing the fov? that's what i assumed because of the 'zooming in' instead of instant zoom.

Lost

Beppo
29th Mar 2000, 02:51 PM
The 'normal' zooming - like in the released versions of Infiltration - works online too. But it is very slow.... no direct zooming possible.
Cause this is not 'real' at all, I tweaked the codes a bit /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif
In the next version of Infiltration you have a standard FOV of 90 by default and the zooming of the snipers is much faster performed as in the moment. We use the direct-zooming method like the FOV command does also. We changed our scripts in that way, so it works online too /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif
Any changes to the FOV are 'forbidden' - even offline - we switch back to the original FOV within a sec.

Beppo
Lead-Programmer of The Infiltration Team