PDA

View Full Version : Something INF needs

Stutthof
6th Apr 2000, 05:36 PM
Welp personally I think that the bots don't work in a team to well. I know that AI has its limits, but if SOMEONE could add the command option to have one bot cover another bot. I don't see why it couldn't be done, if you can have a bot cover yourself. Why not be able to have another bot cover another. That way you can have your bots using more teamwork and possibly work better.

Bad.Mojo
6th Apr 2000, 09:31 PM
There's actually a few mutators and mods that do it, like enhanced team ai and squad. When I'm playing infiltration, my bots cover my other bots all the time. Without me telling them too. One will scream "I've got your back" to another bot. Pretty good stuff.

CoffeyCan
7th Apr 2000, 01:28 AM
This topic is also the whole reason why there are MP games...if the bot could behave like a person, thered be no need for MP, other than that competition thing...
CC

Hey Bad.Mojo is the 'enhanced team AI' the ones with the game, or a seperate mutator, if so could you provide a DL link? Thanks
------------------
RealMaps Site Coordinator
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

[This message has been edited by CoffeyCan (edited 04-06-2000).]

Bad.Mojo
7th Apr 2000, 10:10 AM
Ah... its actually another mod/mutator, I believe... you can actually get it from Beppo's page, I believe... that's where I got it. I'm assuming that that's what it was (it was installing something like enhancedteam.u or something) and i suddenly got the options for adding enhanced team ai and my bots started covering each other and me so we were broken up in squads.

Bad.Mojo
7th Apr 2000, 10:11 AM
No wait, scratch that, it is the one with the game.

But still, your bots cover each other =)