PDA

View Full Version : Going Prone

Stick_96
7th Apr 2000, 12:10 AM
Being able to go prone in in this version would be sweet. That way its a little harder to take snipers out. I know its already in the roadmap so dont hound me about it. Just consider adding it to the up comming version.

Mr. T
7th Apr 2000, 12:58 AM
I think I remember Warren saying it would be in 2.8, but don't expect it to look perfect. When Epic releases a patch that includes skeletal animation capabilities, they sould be able to improve upon it though. So hoping that will happen before 2.8, but not counting on it, seems to be the consensus.

CoffeyCan
7th Apr 2000, 01:25 AM
mmmmmmmmmm, skeletal animations...ugggghhh
CC

------------------
RealMaps Site Coordinator
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

Bad.Mojo
7th Apr 2000, 10:13 AM
I agree, going prone would be very cool to play with, and it would give the design team some good feedback on what we like/don't like about it. Actually the "swimming" animations may be good for prone position for now.

Skeletal animation indeed =)

Stick_96
7th Apr 2000, 02:31 PM
If there able to implement going prone then why not make it so u fall down when u get shot in the legs?

DeadeyeDan[ToA]
7th Apr 2000, 06:48 PM
I was thinking about that, too... after an M855 tears up the muscles in your thigh, It wouldn't be realistic for you to hobble away... but then again the person might still be able to fire his weapon, so I think forcing the player to the prone position giving him reduced accuracy and speed until he bleeds to death would be the best thing to do. But somehow when I read you'd be bleeding to death in 3.0 I'd kinda assumed they already had forcing the wounded player to prone in mind.

. )

[This message has been edited by DeadeyeDan[ToA] (edited 04-07-2000).]

Mr. T
7th Apr 2000, 06:53 PM
I mentioned this in my ridiculous "I'M HIT!!! I'M HIT!!!" post, as a side thought.
I agree that it would add to the realism, if you were to fall to the ground when someone shoots you in the kneecaps.

Bad.Mojo
7th Apr 2000, 09:00 PM
I want to lose bladder control when somebody shoots me too. Kneecapping would be an awesome thing to add, especially because of instead of just killing somebody, I'd blow out their kneecaps and leave them to commit suicide.

I'm a vile bastard.

DeadeyeDan[ToA]
7th Apr 2000, 09:31 PM
Or leave them to feign death so when you walk past them they pull out a knife and stick it in your leg (then twist- hahaha, now who's the vile bastard?) so you fall over, so they can slit your throat.

Remember kiddies: if your having ANY doubts if it's dead or not, shoot it in the head... just don't go overkill, you may scare your teammates away and you'll die lonely.

Toysrme
7th Apr 2000, 10:56 PM
i've asked for prone firing for months. it's definatly in for 3.0

if he can get around to it it's in 2.8, no definate answer there, but i think it will be
(if my memory servers me correct)

Bad.Mojo
7th Apr 2000, 11:20 PM
Man, if I shot somebody in the kneecaps (and I'd do both of the knees, too), I'd just walk away and let them suffer. I'd shoot the weapon out of their hands when they were floundering around, too.

Mr. T
7th Apr 2000, 11:27 PM
I'd just shoot them in the temple and be done with it. Quick and easy. That would also save me two extra bullets.

Bad.Mojo
7th Apr 2000, 11:50 PM
Yiah but I'd just take their gun =)

Mr. T
8th Apr 2000, 12:11 AM
But that takes time. If you conserve bullets, you don't need to worry about taking his gun.

That's interesting though. You could shoot out his kneecaps and then dance around his bleeding body while he writhes in agony. The ultimate taunt.

But of course I'm too professional for that nonsense.

Bad.Mojo
8th Apr 2000, 01:55 AM
I'm to vicious for a quick and painless execution. I'd stand around and sadistically watch them bleed to death for my own (sexual) amusement. And then I'd cannibilize their tattered corpse.

Man, I'm so drunk, I'm divulging either a) extremely bad things or b) my deepest fantasies. You choose.

Mr. T
8th Apr 2000, 04:03 AM
Allow me to advise you not to post while you're drinking. (It's scaring me)

Bad.Mojo
8th Apr 2000, 10:27 AM
You shoulda seen me the other day when my buddy was driving, we were just wasted, drinking, smoking. I was punching him while he was trying to drive, he was driving on the left side of the road, taking corners at 80 kph on wet, rain slicked roads, it was nuts.

I told him to drive on the residential roads because at least we could boot it if we ran over a kid. That's the most evil thing I have ever said in my whole entire life. I'm not proud of that.

Mr. T
9th Apr 2000, 12:23 AM
Well, the fact that you said you weren't proud of saying that, shows there is SOME good left in you. Good.Mojo is the name of your true self. You've only forgotten. I know there is good in you. The Emperor hasn't driven it from you fully. That is why you couldn't destroy me. That's why you won't bring me to your Emperor now.

red0006
14th Apr 2000, 04:49 PM
I'd love to be able to knee-cap 'em and then finish them off with the butt of the gun.

Hit him once, hit him twice. Hit him again and again and again and again until his brains decorate the ground

------------------
"I feel I'm gettin' weaker, while Charlie's gettin' stronger in the jungle"