PDA

View Full Version : Duality?

FabulousRex
7th Apr 2000, 06:14 AM
Hello cruel world.

This may very well be my last subject to post on before I hitch a ride out to Ft. Benning, GA. for boot camp and subsequent Ranger School Training (hopefully) /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

What I want to bring to light is the controlability issues of using akimbo weapons. I know that with most guns like an Uzi or DE, they would be damn near uncontrolable. But what about some of the low-caliber handguns like the 5*7 and 92f? I know that the kick on a 92f is small enough for it to be reliably shot one-handed, in a type of shooter's stance (forget the name, maybe Weaver?)

So what I'm saying is, how terribly hard would it be to fire 2 5-7's or 92f's akimbo with decent accuracy? As long as you hold the 2 pistols close together, and not at shoulder length apart, you could put good groups on target most of the time. However, you still could'nt bandage, reload quickly, or aim precisely, but it would be controlable.

Whatca think? It could provide a benefit to grab an extra 92f before wading into close combat, perhaps even if you had the option to draw one OR two pistols by pressing the numbered 'call button' twice. I think it could be beneficial.

------------------
If ignorance is bliss, why are'nt more people happy?

ShakKen
7th Apr 2000, 07:42 AM
We don't know ourselves yet. We've yet to give it any real thought.

BTW, Weaver is strictly a 'both hands on gun' stance. 1 handed is 'offhand'.

Good luck in Ranger school BTW=)

"Airborne Rangers jump from planes! They ain't got no goddamn brains!" /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

Why would anyone want to JUMP out of a perfectly good airplane?

[This message has been edited by ShakKen (edited 04-07-2000).]

Bad.Mojo
7th Apr 2000, 09:37 AM
Why would anybody go in a plane? What the hells wrong with the ground? Yes, so its true, I don't like heights all that much. Keep me on the ground, where man was meant to stay, please and thank you.

Waxx
8th Apr 2000, 01:17 AM
HA! Try sittin' in a lawn chair and an engine and flying up there. That's what I'll be doing soon with our ultralite! True seat of your pants flying! By the way, good luck with ranger school man. Make your country proud.

ShakKen
8th Apr 2000, 04:03 AM
I'm only confortable flying when I'm in control.

thornz
8th Apr 2000, 04:45 AM
i brought this topic up a while ago, which was met with "yeah, I've fired 2 guns, one with each hand, and yeah, it really sucked". 2 uzis sounds just plain nuts

Bad.Mojo
8th Apr 2000, 10:21 AM
Well, it did suck. I don't know about uzis, but trying to hold two assault rifles and doing it will damn break your arms (unless you let your arms go all crazy from the recoil)

CoffeyCan
8th Apr 2000, 12:05 PM
pure Hollywood, and you dont hit squat. Theres a reason people use Weaver and Isocoles (sp?) stances: they work well, if shooting two guns worked well, that would be used.

------------------
RealMaps Site Coordinator
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

Bad.Mojo
8th Apr 2000, 05:04 PM
I love the Weaver. I dunno how gangstas can shoot new school. I tried one shot on range just to "Shoot the ****" so to speak, and it didn't hit anything. I went back to my weaver stance right away.

FabulousRex
8th Apr 2000, 07:04 PM
Well, all that I'm saying is that with the low recoil of the 92f, it is routinely shot offhand (by some), so would it really be all that hard to fire with 2? All of the other drawbacks would be there though, no bandaging, no precise aiming, and a lengthy reload. But other than that, it should be pretty controlable should'nt it?

The object of jumping from planes is to surprise those to scared to think about it http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~unreal/modcentral/html/sarcblink.gif

Bad.Mojo
8th Apr 2000, 08:12 PM
Single handed a low recoil gun would be easy to handle. Automatics are impossible, and gangsta style is the worst, that's what I'm saying =)

ShakKen
9th Apr 2000, 01:31 AM
Coffeycan: Isocilles. And the other one is Isometric.

CoffeyCan
10th Apr 2000, 11:54 AM
Thanks Shakken, I spelled it like 3 times and knew I wasnt going to get it.

Rex: I dont thimk the issue is ease of fire, but of aiming and accuracy. Itl will of course be less controllable offhand than with 2 hands, and when squeezing the trigger as fast as you can, sighting is nearly gone.
CC

------------------
RealMaps Site Coordinator
Want to be an Infiltrator? Get the goods at:
http://www.planetunreal.com/realmaps/

Loki
11th Apr 2000, 10:14 PM
have you ever thought of holding 2 guns and not shooting them both at the same time???