PDA

View Full Version : Do you have the feeling you're being watched?

Judder Man
15th Apr 2000, 01:18 PM
Hi & greetings to the Inf. team: Yep I'm kinda new to both UT & Infiltration (down Mojo, down!) so let me get my compliments over with... ah hell... there's not enough room /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Suffice it to say, you guys are the epitome of Unreal.

OK, down to my suggestion; (I have looked all over & can find no reference), would it be possible to implement a 'quick glance over your shoulder'? For the purpose of realism, as you are in battle - even walking down the street - you'd glance round, and if someone was there, THEN you'd turn around and... "smile please, it's time to die"

Anyway, just a small suggestion from a Newbie... (I shall be back later to receive my recriminatins!)

PS Shouts to Mojo - I have enjoyed reading every single one of your postings and look forward to your reply with fervour!

------------------
Beware the Judder Man my deal when the server's phat.
Sharp of eye & quick of trigger his is, and cunning.
With sweetened talk of frags & kills, and the deliciousness of head shots.
Beware the Judder Man my dear when the server's phat /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Judder Man (edited 04-15-2000).]

Bad.Mojo
15th Apr 2000, 02:47 PM
I'd include curse words to please you, really, but I think that's a really cool idea, checking your six. Something like a lean feature has already been discussed, of that I'm sure, but I like glancing over your shoulder, especially since I'm the type of guy that's gunna wait until you know you're going to die before I kill you, and I'll leave you powerless to do anything about it.

So sadistic.

Mr. T
15th Apr 2000, 11:12 PM
AHHHH!!! A NEWBIE!!! BASH! BASH! BASH! j/k /infopop/emoticons\icon_wink.gif

Yeah, cool idea. Generally in FPS games, that's handled by giving the player the ability to spin at incredible speeds. Like superman. Supersonic spinning to check your back. Maybe the supersonic spinning ability should be replaced with looking over the shoulder. That way you can't spin and fire. You can look over your shoulder real fast, if you choose to do so, but if you want to turn and fire, it would take longer. The only drawback is that it sounds like more keys to worry about.

MrTicky
16th Apr 2000, 03:28 AM
Yes Mr T. that would mean a LOT of things to worry 'bout! But a peak left/peak right keys just like in SoF or Theif would be good!

------------------
_-={MrTicky}=-_
SFA Clan Sniper

Loyal to INFILTRATION!
As long as I live!

Loyal to SFA!
As long as I live!

Deathbent
22nd Apr 2000, 05:24 AM
Just turning around would be faster and easier to do, you wouldn't have to worry about having another new key to add to your setup.