Laser range finder!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
So, about that laser range thing... /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Let's just ease that scope topic and start a new one... cause a lot can be said about this!

I think it would be a fun thing to have... but not very usefull!

The distance are not big enough in UT for it to be realy needed. For instance, in CTF face, i've evaluated the distance to about 100m!!!

who needs a rage meter a 100 m!!! certanly no a sniper...

but it could also be usefull since those distance are hard to evaluate!!! the persective is completly deformed in UT!!!

I say 'all go' for the laser range finder... even if it's just for the fun to have it...

And if warren and cie. think it's to much to ask for INF, some could come forward and make a mutator that does is... woudn't be that hard I think ... but would be nicer as a part of INF...

------------------
--------------- Geogob --------------
Don't let your brain get infiltrated!

Guessing at distances in UT is really messed up, notice how big 'hall of legends' (is that the name?) looks? compare that to CTF Face by way of looks would be very different from comparing it based on the time it takes to walk accross it.

I don't think its the UT engine... I think its a flaw in the way we interpret 3D images on a screen.... part of the reason I believe, that you can always tell CGI from reality, no matter how well its done...

My 2 cents...

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
ok guys this range meter is already available
it's called 'enhanced sniper rifle' ... i dunno if it works with the inf sniper rifles but i don't think so... but with the normal ut sniper rifle - yes ... just to check some distances
i get it on www. fileplanet.com
sorry but i don't have the direct link to the download but you should go to the ut - mutator section
i dunno if it's still there i get it in january or february
if it isn't there i could mail it perhaps to mr. ticky who could add this to this site [mrtickysniperschool.homestead.com]
just post here if it is necessary /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-reaper was here-

p.s. the range between the two towers in ctf-face is about 180-220 meter...

Anolis

Apr 14, 2000
In 'Facing Worlds?' I though ShakKen said it was 800-1000 meters or so...?

----------------------
- Anolis, "I guess we really do need a rangefinder..."

Anolis

Apr 14, 2000
LOL, well that definitely doesn't stretch a sniper's extreme range does it? Ah well, I thought it was too easy to see the enemy ants for being so far away, lol.

----------------------------
- Anolis, "Objects may be closer than they appear."