Deaths a la SoF

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NRA

Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
I know you are planning to incorporate new death animations in future versions, and I would suggest that you dedicate a good deal of time to them and try to make them as detailed and realistic as possible. Look at Soldier of Fortune. With generic death animations, the game would just be alright, but with the spectacular death animations, the game kicks ass. So anyway, what I'm saying is death animations are important, and I suggest you work on them before you work on making tons of new weapons that aren't significantly different from one another.

N.R.A.

ShakKen

Specops Spook
Jan 11, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Death animations will be REALISTIC(Infiltration operative). Based on research of proper sources.

SOF's GHOUL parameters may be spectacular, but a man being riddled with bullets does not stand around jerking spasmodically.

I'm really dissapointed at the stuff that games today are throwing at people. If you wan't to make a realistic game, make it's features realistic, if you don't know how something works; find out. Never bullshit the player.

ShakKen
Infiltration
3D artist

NRA

Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
Realistic is good. What I meant by my post is that death animations can greatly enhance a game, and thus a good amount of time should be dedicated to them.

N.R.A.